Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Worst tailored jacket in a long, long time...

Mario

I'll Lock Up
http://www.ebay.de/itm/221096584930?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

This jacket looks like a compendium of synonyms for words like wonky, askew, awry and the like.

$T2eC16VHJFoE9nh6oV%29nBQIvG%28MHfQ%7E%7E60_3.JPG

$T2eC16hHJIkE9qU3l4RbBQIvGiOKr%21%7E%7E60_3.JPG

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
I also saw that jacket on Ebay. The belt is so bad it looks like I made it. As soon as I saw the lapels I thought it was a 1970s jacket.

Edward

Bartender
Shame, as the fabric is lovely and the design I think is nice.

Hmmnnn.... Could this be a first effort by someone working from this pattern, or a period equivalent?:

http://www.evadress.com/4972PR.html

May well be true vintage - I'm sure there were home-sewers back in the day who made their own clothes for financial or other reasons, and may or may not have been gifted at tailoring....

Qirrel

Practically Family
Look at the middle of the side seams on the inside. They are not pressed open (they should be) like they are near the top and bottom. This suggests a bad alteration. I refuse to believe that any professional garment makers would have allowed that back to pass quality control. On the fronts, all the edges are swelled with a consistent 1/4" (or thereabouts) stitch, certainly made with a 1/4" seam foot. The back belt looks like it was finished in a hurry with a regular sewing machine, without any care for neatness or consistency.

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
LI refuse to believe that any professional garment makers would have allowed that back to pass quality control.

Maybe it didn't pass quality control - meaning it sat in a box in a factory for many, many years, until it was finally found and sold on. Thus, maybe the reason it survived was because the work was so bad.

Mario

I'll Lock Up
My first thought was that the jacket has been (very sloppily) altered but as HBK pointed out: not one part really goes together with another. For one reason or another that whole thing has been very badly crafted right from the start.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomW