Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WOW & double WOW

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Best I've seen.

You know what, I honestly believe that was worth the price it went for. It is, afterall, cheaper than a full-price suit you would buy today.

Marc, thanks for posting that suit. It may be the finest thing I have ever seen on eBay. I am only too thankful that it was too small for me. ;)

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
actually, even though i bid on this suit i was nervous about some of the storage dirt on it. i've had deadstock items before with 60 year-old dirt that can't be removed (especially if it's along a fold). great suit though.

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
That's purty.

Hey, probably a stupid question, but is that where the buttonhole usually goes on the lapel? It looks a little wonky to me.

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
I really don't know. Seems like a stylistic touch. I can imagine some '20s marketing 'wunderkind' saying,

"NEW for 1929! Swagger, sleek & swell summer styling with a LOWER boutonniere! Out with the old -- in with the NEW! Installment plan available!"

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Marc Chevalier said:
I really don't know. Seems like a stylistic touch. I can imagine some '20s marketing 'wunderkind' saying,

"NEW for 1929! Swagger, sleek & swell summer styling with a LOWER boutonniere! Out with the old -- in with the NEW! Installment plan available!"

lol Maybe it was fashionable to wear flowers lower that year?

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Yes ... but if you look very, VERY closely, you'll see that this suit's fabric pattern is extremely unique.

It's a herringbone PLAID. In other words, the vertical and horizontal stripes have a herringbone weave in them: a vertical herringbone and a horizontal herringbone. (The background has a diagonal rib weave.) Where the stripes intersect, the two herringbones merge and form an intricate diamond pattern.

Can you find the herringbone and the little diamonds in the photo below? Absolutely incredible!

whtsuitclose.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran