Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WW2 A-2 Aero Leather Co - Beacon NY (Pics)

Buco

Familiar Face
Pics of an original WW2 Aero A-2 i just picked up. First time i have seen one of these in the flesh and they really are beautiful. This one is in Super condition (not as good as some members examples on here however) but has just pretty minor wear and very light cracking.
Correct me if im wrong but i think this is for the 1942 contract?

IMG_0515.jpg

IMG_0535.jpg

IMG_0534.jpg

IMG_0541.jpg

IMG_0542.jpg

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
Nice:) As good as anyone else's in my opinion. Wear it(if it fits) and enjoy. Thats what I have done with all mine over the years.
John

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
This is a nice example from the 42-15142-P contract that was awarded to Aero on 28th March 1942. The contract was for 50,000 A2s. It is interesting to note that it was re-painted a darker seal at some stage. Are you intending to wear it?

Buco

Familiar Face
This is a nice example from the 42-15142-P contract that was awarded to Aero on 28th March 1942. The contract was for 50,000 A2s. It is interesting to note that it was re-painted a darker seal at some stage. Are you intending to wear it?

Hi, and thanks for the info.
Not intending to wear it, i deal in vintage leathers so will be admiring it for a little while then selling it on at some point. (thats not a plug by the way, im not trying to push the sale through the forum, I just like to share pictures of some of the nicer finds i have with the members on here).

I also found it interesting that there are no markings on the liner or any badges/name tags on the outer leather? is this common?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats