Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Y'2 HR-41 Single Riders

greenc

Familiar Face
Stiff from new, but quick to break in. The jacket is true to size. They can send you a measurements sheet if you ask but I find the size detector tool there is extremely accurate so I would fill that in first and see what you get.
Thanks much, let me check that out - I appreciate the help!

theeprimitivesound

Familiar Face
I own 3 Y2 jackets, all from The Shop Vancouver, the fit and finish is amazing, they fit pretty true to size in my experience, send TJ a message, if he can help, he definitely will.

greenc

Familiar Face
I own 3 Y2 jackets, all from The Shop Vancouver, the fit and finish is amazing, they fit pretty true to size in my experience, send TJ a message, if he can help, he definitely will.
Thanks so much for that, I'll give TJ a bell and see if he can help - I do think their Single Riders in vintage horse is pretty cool.

Tom71

Call Me a Cab

+1 on all counts.

Great jackets, even if the price is high. Have a look at the exact leather they use, as they sell (almost) all models in different variants ranging from from "affordable but underwhelming" to different shades of "expensives but gorgeous".

I have found (most) Y2 patterns to be 0,5 size larger than other jap. makers (the leather shirts and Chore Coats run very slim, though). Within their sizes, they are very consistent, so I wouldn´t worry too much about variation.

TJ is helpful, but of course, I don´t know if he would make himself available for something you´re not buying from him. He´s a one-man-show, so he hasn´t unlimited time at hand.

I personally prefer vintage Racer jackets to new ones. there are so many cool ones out there for great prices. As a thin fellow, you would do well going for a second hand one.

greenc

Familiar Face
I personally prefer vintage Racer jackets to new ones. there are so many cool ones out there for great prices. As a thin fellow, you would do well going for a second hand one.
Thank you handymike, I'm always on the hunt for something cool secondhand. I'm not necessarily a vintage guy but I do like some of what I've seen. There was a Langlitz CR that @tmitchell59 sold last year that was just killer. I actually really liked it.

It went to a lounger and then another lounger picked it up and it looks fabulous on him in the photos.

greenc

Familiar Face
+1 on all counts.

Great jackets, even if the price is high. Have a look at the exact leather they use, as they sell (almost) all models in different variants ranging from from "affordable but underwhelming" to different shades of "expensives but gorgeous".

I have found (most) Y2 patterns to be 0,5 size larger than other jap. makers (the leather shirts and Chore Coats run very slim, though). Within their sizes, they are very consistent, so I wouldn´t worry too much about variation.

TJ is helpful, but of course, I don´t know if he would make himself available for something you´re not buying from him. He´s a one-man-show, so he hasn´t unlimited time at hand.
Thank you Tom71, I appreciate the thoughts - TJ is a good guy, very personable and willing to help. I spoke with him last winter about another Y'2 piece that was a collaboration with the brand, Strike Gold.

Cool piece but I passed on it in the end. I hope the Shop Vancouver does well and that TJ stakes a place for himself for a long time, he seems quite nice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80