Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

You always remember your first...

Washington

New in Town
After months (no, make that a year) of looking for the perfect first hat, I've finally got it.

My first attempt got me a Mallory off eBay that I ended up reselling since it wasn't really what I was looking for. Further attempts to aquire vintage just weren't in the cards though I knew I wanted something that was made to last and made for me, so custom was the only way to go.

The lounge pointed me in the right direction and I made contact with Art. First to block a panama that I got from Bob and second to make my first felt.

I don't need to take up space or time here telling everyone what a geniunely nice, and talented gentleman Art is...it was the constant mention of this on the lounge that sent me there in the first place. And I certainly don't have to spend time extolling the quality of his work. Suffice it to say that I finally have the hat I've dreamed of and I couldn't be happier.

For my first I went with a granite grey with a dark navy ribbon. The brim is 2 5/8" and the crown site at 4 5/8" in the front. I started off with a center dent since I just couldn't nail down what looked best on me (as you can see in the pics) but I've since hand bashed it with a C crown which I think does better justice to my face. Thank you to Sefton for showing off his first which allowed me to see the granite/blue ribbon combination (please forgive me for stealing your idea), and of course thank you to Art for working with me throughout the process.

So without further adieu, the hat...
PA180073-vi.jpg

PA180072-vi.jpg

http://images17.fotki.com/v28/photos/1/1027702/4204394/PA180075-vi.jpg?1162088359

And of course my ugly mug showing it off...
Fawcett_Locke1-vi.jpg

Thanks to everyone over the last year or so in providing an education on what makes a great hat.

Regards -
Washington

analogist

One of the Regulars
Now that's a hat! (redux)

The hat is really super and as much as I hate to give compliments, it fits you to a "T"

My only fear is that putting a VS hat on top of the world might further inflate Art's already overinflated ego. I might even break down and order one.

Kidding aside, I am addicted to them and after you wear it a few times,you'll know why. Enjoy.

analogist

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That is certainly a wize choice for a first hat my good man. Well done:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
My hat on top of the WORLD!!! YEE HAAAW!! :eusa_clap I know Analogist..I'm gonna be hard to live with now.:)
Thank you Washington..I can't tell you how good it feels to be your first felt experience and have it all turn out well. Enjoy

Washington

New in Town
Thanks everyone for the compliments. And of course, thanks to Art for convincing me that I didn't really want a shorter crown.

Being new to actually wearing a hat I'm surprised at how easy it has been to wear this one. I guess the right hat does that for you.

Washington

art92101

One of the Regulars
Super cool hat

Man that hat rules. It makes you look like a real somebody! Abramhof should have had that hat instead of that black fedora he wore on his perp walk. It looks rich, executive material.

WEEGEE

Practically Family
What to do ?

Washington,

You look great in your new hat. It is time to add to my Art collection and

your post now has me needing help. If i can only have one which town do i

choose? Washington or Brooklyn ?? HELP

Washington
PA180073-vi.jpg

Brooklyn
Brooklyn_1.jpg

Forum statistics