Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

You and Your Leather Jacket

Stand By

One Too Many
There are some good stories here. I love the passion that people feel for these things .... we all have the same, similar hankering and can relate - just different stories. It's nice. Great idea for a thread, this.

mendelboaz

One Too Many
There are some good stories here. I love the passion that people feel for these things .... we all have the same, similar hankering and can relate - just different stories. It's nice. Great idea for a thread, this.

I hear that, louder than I can hear the sound of my own drums-- and I've been told I drum excruciatingly loud. This is why I love the Lounge, to share and embiggen a passion. Long live leather and long live the Lounge!

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Other "non-stories" stories are just as encouraged. There has to be at least one person here who's gotten married in their jacket.

Close. I was married in a Hindu temple in Queens, NY. Half the audience was Indian and the other Scottish and people I grew up with in New Jersey. Well, halfway through I'm up on this altar dressed in a dhoti with flower garlands when my band from the Lower East side walks in with full leather regalia. Our singer had a complete Elvis in Vegas outfit. Then I hear "Hey, Donovan!" "Mellow Yellow!" and so forth. 1981.

My wife, then girlfriend, gave me a distressed A2 after my sister had seen a movie that she said reminded her of me. We saw it & they agreed but I didn't see it so much. "The Sure Thing" with John Cusack. Hated to see the real jacket worn in the pool but back then, I didn't appreciate leather jackets like now. That was almost 30 years ago. I still have the jacket & still can wear it but don't, knits are about shot. I got back into motorcycle riding in 1994, restored a 1975 Triumph Trophy 500. Bought a cafe racer cause it looked right for the bike.

I'm glad you enjoyed it, Joao. :) It was in a good condition, yes, but my dear cousin must've been using so much cologne or deodorant or whatever, that the jacket spent its first week home hanging on the balcony. :D

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Close. I was married in a Hindu temple in Queens, NY. Half the audience was Indian and the other Scottish and people I grew up with in New Jersey. Well, halfway through I'm up on this altar dressed in a dhoti with flower garlands when my band from the Lower East side walks in with full leather regalia. Our singer had a complete Elvis in Vegas outfit. Then I hear "Hey, Donovan!" "Mellow Yellow!" and so forth. 1981.

That's a band for ya :)

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
Irvin owners knows what I am talking about here. Every third time we wear our jackets in public, the question pops up:
- Hey Battler Britton, where did you park your Spitfire?
I was meet with the same question, when I entered a bar in the city once.
- I parked it just right outside! I answered. (A bit tired)
- Sure thing! He said.
- You want to bet, I said. A pint?
We did and I took him outside and showed him the Triumph Spitfire, I had borrowed from a friend that same evening.

(Besides that, I can promise you all, that the Irvin is a ladies-magnet. They love to touch it and cuddle up in it. But that's quite another story.);)

Last edited:

Stand By

One Too Many
Irvin owners knows what I am talking about here. Every third time we wear our jackets in public, the question pops up:
- Hey Battler Britton, where did you park your Spitfire?
I was meet with the same question, when I entered a bar in the city once.
- I parked it just right outside! I answered. (A bit tired)
- Sure thing! He said.
- You want to bet, I said. A pint?
We did and I took him outside and showed him the Triumph Spitfire, I had borrowed from a friend that same evening.

Nice!
The best that I could have managed was to have been holding a pint of Spitfire ! Not nearly as impressive (tasty as it is).

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Great story Spitfire. It's a good job Triumph Spitfire's don't have wings...mine was always conking out :)

Attachments

• images (1).jpg
    images (1).jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 184

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925