Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your favorite hat....now

gcollins

One of the Regulars
There was an old thread about favorite hats.....before Optimo comes out with new colors in August, what's your favorite hat NOW?

Strut your stuff.

G

Molorom

Familiar Face
Ren,
If you got a block of your own, (like me)
then you would never have to send your hat away.
My current favorite hat would have to be my Akubra
snowy river and my old vintage stetson would be at a close
sectond, mainly beacuse ive had it for 4 years and it
was my first hat. It has a nasty taper though.
Adam

Renderking Fisk

Practically Family
Molo? Is the Interview done yet?

Tell me more about your block, where did you get it and what size is it?

Everyone's been singing Art's praises and I gotta admit I was a bit worried about doing my own blocking. Sharpie... do you have pics of fedora's Art's blocked for you?

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I miss my old friend

Originally posted by Renderking Fisk
I just sent my favorate fedora to Art to reblock. It was painful to leave it in the hands of the postal service but I had to get it done.

When I go see Art next week for lunch, and your hat is sitting on the bench, I'll pick up the phone, and you can talk to it, in case you're lonely!LOL LOL

Art truly will make you a happy man. I can even photograph the event for you, so you can put the pics in your album;)

Re: I miss my old friend

Originally posted by Andykev
Art truly will make you a happy man. I can even photograph the event for you, so you can put the pics in your album;)

Art has done four of my favorites so far and they continue to be my favorites because of the work he has done. I even have a couple waiting patiently in line for three to return home.
There is nothing like a clean, fresh hat with a nice block. :D It makes the whole experience of having a hat on much more enjoyable.
Maybe I will call next week AndyKev so I can talk to mine. I am getting homberg and fedora withdrawal. LOL

Regards to all,

J

P.S. Disclaimer, again, I am not a paid endorser but do like to have my hats in their best condition because I wear them everyday and Art makes it possible.

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I gave it the brush off!

James, I have stroked your beautiful charcoal gray homburg, and it is a nice hat. The others, well, it's nice to know someone in the past fed those hungry moths!:cry: :cry: :cry:

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
It's great to have all these praises and I'm not even there!!! THe fishing stunk, the weather was hot, I miss my hat workshop, so I'll be home tomorrow night gents. James, It's " on the way"

Re: I gave it the brush off!

Originally posted by Andykev
James, I have stroked your beautiful charcoal gray homburg, and it is a nice hat. The others, well, it's nice to know someone in the past fed those hungry moths!:cry: :cry: :cry:

Hey that Homberg is a happily spoken for hat! LOL
I am sure the gray one will come out wonderfully too.
The tan one will make a nice yard hat or maybe a featherweight if I pounce it too much. LOL
I recently also acquired a 3X Open Road that has seen better days but it is waiting in line. I hand formed it into a C crown but it needs cleaning and blocking for sure. I sort of feel like Uncle Jed when I wear it now. LOL
Getting back to the title of the thread, I would say my two Borsalinos would be my favorites but I also like my two Whippets. Three of these Art has worked his magic on. :D
No rush Art. I know Masterpieces take time to create. ;)

Regards to all,

J

Molorom

Familiar Face
Ren,
The interview is very close to done. Ive told aaron today
it would be finished, but a little more time and i may be
able to listen to the In-audiable sections word by word.
Later today I am going to post pictures of the block on
COW and on here if anyone shows intrest. The block is a
perfect Raiders block, at 5 1/5 inches tall, it is basicly a block for my Akubra. The sides Are completly straight and the top rounds from 50mm to the top of the block. I havent used it yet but ive been told by others that its right on the money. I gave my father the measurments and he made it for me, out of some type of maple wood we had lying around.
Adam

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner