Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

your time zone

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Depending on your time zone, for us Loungers on the West Coast..it is not yet as I post this:

On WEDNESDAY at 01:02:03 -- 04/05/06 ......

yep 01-02-03-04-05-06... this will NEVER happen again in history. Or not for another thousand years!

CWetherby

One of the Regulars
Andykev said:
Depending on your time zone, for us Loungers on the West Coast..it is not yet as I post this:

On WEDNESDAY at 01:02:03 -- 04/05/06 ......

yep 01-02-03-04-05-06... this will NEVER happen again in history. Or not for another thousand years!

Somehow this makes me feel as though I missed the opportunity to make the most of that moment....gee, thanks! :(

S

Shaul-Ike Cohen

Baron Kurtz said:
Brits will experience this in a month!

And I'm sure I'll forget it and remember only in late afternoon. Is there a run on registry offices and the like with couples who want to marry at this time exactly? (As on Sept 9, 1999.)

(written in the beginning of the ninth hour of the day on Nissen 7th, 5766)

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Dodged Another Bullet

Thank goodness the gubmint didn't know about this. Or there would have been Mail-Order "scientists" out the buppy warning of impending disaster due to electronic devices across the globe suddenly becoming self-aware for a split second to realize that the clocks are at some exact point in time with human meaning and shut down, bringing about the freezing of elevators, the stopping of national security devices, the failure of industry, and the certain extinction of life as we know it. Senate panels would be tasked with investigating. Industries large and small forced by law to spend billions preparing, citizens warned to stock up on water and canned goods. The economy set on a man-made, government-mandated crash course due to interrupted buying cycles...

But... it must be some joke. No one would really fall for such obvious codswallop, would they?

S

Shaul-Ike Cohen

scotrace said:
But... it must be some joke. No one would really fall for such obvious codswallop, would they?

Hm, so that leaves me about one month to make money with software against this terrible menace to humanity, in order to increase my miserable suit-n-hat budget. Only I wonder if Brits and Europeans are as credulous.

CWetherby

One of the Regulars
4 Sale

Mint condition bomb shelter, stocked with canned goods, water, batteries and knitting supplies, all circa 1999.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael