Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds

Recent content by ChrisB

  1. ChrisB

    So trivial, yet it really ticks you off.

    less carrot, more stick:
  2. ChrisB

    So trivial, yet it really ticks you off.

    Regensburger - umso besser!
  3. ChrisB

    You know you are getting old when:

    When you are 5 years old, 1 year is 20% of your life. At age 50 it is only 2%. So like a roll of toilet paper, it goes faster toward the end
  4. ChrisB

    So trivial, yet it really ticks you off.

    Licorice is known to be a laxative, which could account for short term weight loss.
  5. ChrisB

    The ultimate bad-guys of cinema-history?

    James Anderson as Bob Ewell in To Kill a Mockingbird. Donald Sutherland in Eye of the Needle.
  6. ChrisB

    So trivial, yet it really ticks you off.

    Weddings and funerals, I suppose.
  7. ChrisB

    Vintage Things That Have Disappeared In Your Lifetime?

    Basically, medicare covers 80% of health care costs, the remaining 20% is usually covered by some form of private supplemental insurance.
  8. ChrisB

    So trivial, yet it really ticks you off.

    With only 377 posts in 11 years, I have done my best to avoid that situation. I always hesitate before hitting the “post reply” button. It is better to remain silent and be thought perhaps a fool….
  9. ChrisB

    So trivial, yet it really ticks you off.

    My Dear Aunt Sally: multiply & divide, then add & subtract
  10. ChrisB

    So trivial, yet it really ticks you off.

    I once had a Siberian Husky who, in spite of her wolf like appearance, was the most gentle dog I’ve ever owned. Nevertheless, the sight of her bounding up to the front door made most sales people seek greener pastures elsewhere.
  11. ChrisB

    So trivial, yet it really ticks you off.

    In that situation I use a compound form involving an immediate ancestor.
  12. ChrisB

    You know you are getting old when:

    I kept on wondering what the problem was with the Bureau of Land Management.
Top