Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

#1 of 2 Great Vintage Lids: 7 1/8 STETSON IMPERIAL Beige/Silverbelly

pdxvintagette

A-List Customer
I have had these two great hats sitting around the house, waiting to be put on ebay, and I just never get around to it. I'd really rather have them go to loungers, since they don't fit my well dressed gentleman friend. They are both marked size 7 1/8". I have also provided detailed measurements.

The first hat is a beautiful Stetson Imperial in beige - I suppose this is the original Silverbelly tone, although it is more creamy than the color of the new silverbelly Open Roads. The felt has a wonderful texture and is very soft. The grosgrain is light medium brown, it also has that band-band trim as well (sorry, I know a LOT about gal's hats, but my terminology for men's is weak). The brim is bound with a full 1/2" of matching light color grosgrain as well.

This has one area at the top left side of the crown where there is a little loss or flattening of the felt texture - it doesn't look or feel quite like a moth chew, but the effect is sort of the same. I do thinking brushing might improve it, though. There are also some small spots of soil, notably the spot at the back left side of the crown and particularly under the brim at the front. It is marked inside on the satin lining and sweatband "Imperial Stetson" and if you flip down the sweatband there is a nifty, very old reorder stamp from John B. Stetson. Cool.

Brim: 2 7/8" in width
Crown: (with current cruddy bash) 4 1/2" at the front, 5 1/4" on the side, and 5" at the back.
Interior Circumference: 22 1/2"

Asking $75+Shipping (PayPal only, I'm too lazy to wait for a check) I'll keep shipping as cheap as I can, but I DO overpack, because I'm protective.

DSCF6407.jpg

DSCF6408.jpg

DSCF6409.jpg

DSCF6410.jpg

DSCF6411.jpg

DSCF6412.jpg

DSCF6413.jpg

DSCF6414.jpg

DSCF6415.jpg

DSCF6416.jpg

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
Unless I'm much mistaken a circumference of 23" makes it 58.5 cm, half way between 7 1/4 and 7 3/8 US. Is it possible that the marked size of 7 1/8 is now incorrect, due to wear over time? Any signs of stretching?

And another question, is the wind trolley functional?

pdxvintagette

A-List Customer
You know, I had to go back and edit that - your post and my edit overlapped. It is 22 1/2", the same as the other hat. (I used an older cloth measuring tape at first, it has misshapen a little with age!) All the measurements are perfect now. And I'm sorry ... wind trolley? OH! That's what the button thing is. Ah. Yes, that seems to adjust beautifully.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24