Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1930s GREEN spectator shoes : suede & lizard skin

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Yes, they are from the '30s. Made by Florsheim. Size 9 1/2 C. Green suede and lizard skin. The laces are green, but for some reason they look turquoise in the photos.

NewauctionpicsFeb024_edited-1.jpg

NewauctionpicsFeb025.jpg

NewauctionpicsFeb026.jpg

I have a pair of white suede wingtips. I'll see if I can find a picture or two as well. There is nothing like the style of a vintage shoe. So much so that I am wearing some today that probably have seen better days but they are comfortable. I don't care if they have a few wrinkles. It adds character. :cheers1:

Regards to all,

J

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
That is the amazing thing about vintage mens' shoes from about 1920 to 1960. They are so rounded, so streamlined, that they look as if they'll be too tight for any modern foot. In fact, the opposite is true. They fit very, very well, and give the right support where it counts. In terms of fit -- not to mention stitching, sole work, and leathers -- even the best modern shoes don't quite measure up to a vintage pair of Florsheims.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24