Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1930s The Real McCoys Leathertogs Horsehide Leather Jacket in Size 40

casterfield

One of the Regulars
Up for sale is a spectacular horsehide jacket in somewhat of a hybrid style. It almost seems like a cafe racer yet it also has pockets more reminiscent of an A2. The details on this are insane -- from the checkered lining to the caramel zippers to the repousse (I think I'm using that term correctly) on the buckle, it's truly a masterpiece of a jacket.

Having said that, I look like an absolute buffoon while wearing it, and therefore it has to go. Asking price is $600 (plus shipping) OBO.

1. Here are the measurements (from Kanemakijisai):
  • Size
    SEWING OF COLLAR TO BUTTON
    62.0cm
    24.4inch
    ARM PIT TO ARM PIT
    53.0cm
    20.8inch
    SHOULDER TO SHOULDER
    47.0cm
    18.5inch
    SHOULDER TO CUFF
    64.0cm
    26.0inch
And here is a description of some wear and staining:
The sleeves, collar and hem are worn and brown.
The leather is soft.But, part of the jacket of the back has a black stain.

zKrDz4o.png

FRjxQop.png

TNLfGjx.png

WbpdTJg.png

More pics available here: https://imgur.com/a/1FICzsA
https://imgur.com/a/1FICzsA
Note that these are lifted from the merchant I purchased this from, Kanemakijisai. I can post a photo of me with the jacket to prove I own it if needed. The condition of the jacket is the same as when these photos were taken, as I have not worn it out at all; I've merely tried it on.

regius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
wondering what kind of horsehide they used that has such crazy grains throughout.

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
I've been looking for the two tone version of this, in 42 or 44. Any leads on an example for sale, if anyone has any, would be appreciated.

casterfield

One of the Regulars
I've been looking for the two tone version of this, in 42 or 44. Any leads on an example for sale, if anyone has any, would be appreciated.

I feel like I've seen a couple on Rakuten, but that was a year ago and I'm unsure of the sizing.

Mrfrown

One Too Many
Wow very cool. I can’t decide if I’d prefer it with a shirt collar instead of the stand collar.

The grain is really strikingly beautiful.

Would you mind providing those fit pics?

Mrfrown

One Too Many
Thanks for providing. I’d be interested if the collar was different.

In any case, beautifully made interesting piece. GLWS

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Nice jacket, and your fit photos are very good. Great grain & intersting detsails. Never seen one quite like like this one. Rather too small for me, but GLWS

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko