Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1940's Drake Whippet Fedora info

gilligan

One of the Regulars
Calling all experts! Hoping someone can provide some information and insight.
Yesterday I purchased a 1940's Drake Whippet Clone in a 7 1/4 off of Ebay for only 220.00. The hat is near pristine condition in a grey fur felt with hints of burgundy mixed into the felt with a deep burgundy ribbon. I can't seem to find much information on this hat maker, but from what I gather from prior past posts here, Drake Hats are a rather rare bird and don't come up very often for sale. Are these hats considered a rarity and what is the value of these in today's market? The hat seems to be a very nice quality hat and the color combo is definitely unique and beautiful.
As soon as I get the hat, I'll post photos of it here.

gilligan

One of the Regulars
You want more information on a hat with no pictures and a vague description?

Post the auction link, at least.
No worries, as I'll post photos as soon as the hat arrives. I thought maybe someone would have more info on 1940s Drake hats in general. If you can picture a 40's Stetson Whippet then this is the Drake look. But pics to come soon. There seems to be no information on this brand of hat or the company's history anywhere on the internet. I do know they were from NY originally.

gilligan

One of the Regulars
1940s Dalton.jpg

gilligan

One of the Regulars
Nice hat. I thought we were talking about a Drake.

There's plenty of info on Daltons. If you think you got a good deal, you probably did.
Many thanks. I see I did mention it as a Drake. My bad and all I can say is what the Heck was I thinking as I really messed that up. :)

gilligan

One of the Regulars
Thanks for the heads up. Not sure but is it someone on the Lounge that had this listed? Now you have my curiosity peaked and I'm going to have to check this out.
I can't believe this! Thanks for the info. It is in fact Stuart Vincent. I can't believe this what a small world it is indeed. :) :) :)

gilligan

One of the Regulars
Love to see this beauty . Drake fedora would be a rarity among many oldies in the world of fedoras . Love to see the photos
Vincent, you gotta be kidding me! You're the seller!!! That cracks me up. Did you know I was the one that purched it? This is too funny. If you get a chance, tell me some info about the hat. Too funny!!! ;) :) :)

gilligan

One of the Regulars
you might generate more information if you posted in the hat forum not the classifies
Thanks for the heads up. I just started posting more on here as of late even though I've been registered on here for quite some time. I find navigating as to which post is to go where is confusing. From what I gather, I thought this was posted in the hat forum.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner