Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1940s glen plaid DB men's suit SIZE 40 for sale

Red Leader

One of the Regulars
I've decided to put this suit up for sale. It was initially listed here in the Great Suit Trading Thread. I'm still up for trades, but I need to also move some suits that don't fit me so they are not continuing to take more of the wife's space.

P4038792-vi.jpg

Up for sale is a very nice DB suit in a conservative greyish tan glen plaid pattern, with a slight touch of blue. This one is a Denver native and has probably never left the state. Suit originally purchased at Bernards on 70 Broadway, Denver, CO. I drive past there all the time. The suit is of a lighter-weight fabric, which will be great for summer wear. The button stance of this suit indicates post war. It has a 1939 Union tag, so I am estimating the date of this one to be 1946-1949. On the inside of the pants, there is a '46' that is stamped in it. Is it a date? A manufacturer number? I'm not entirely sure. It could very well be the date and if so, that puts this one at 1946. I have seen more colorful labels starting to appear post-war as well, and this one is no exception. A very nice suit. Pants have a nice hollywood waist.

Condition - EXC+. The only real flaw I can find is that the jacket buttonholes feel a hint 'loose-ish'...the sewing isn't coming undone, but doesn't quite feel as tight as a new jacket would be. Also, one button on the sleeve is dangling, about to fall off - but still there! Just needs to be re-stitched. I can find no tears, rips, major stains, moth holes, etc. I see no wear on the fabric. This is a good one.

Sizing:

Jacket-

Chest - 42"
Shoulders - 19"
Waist - 40"
Sleeves - 25" + 1.5" extra
OAL - 32"

Pants-

OAL - 43" + 1" extra
Inseam - 30"
Cuff - 18.5"
Waist - 33" + 2" extra

More pictures:

P4038794-vi.jpg

P4038795-vi.jpg

P4038797-vi.jpg

P4038798-vi.jpg

P4038799-vi.jpg

P4038800-vi.jpg

P4038807-vi.jpg

P4038808-vi.jpg

I'm selling this suit for $80 + $15 shipping in CONUS. If you are outside the US, hey, shoot me a PM and we can talk shipping.

I'll have more suits and jackets possible up for sale that are in the US size 40-44 range and a really great prices.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto