Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1942 catalog

Vic

One of the Regulars
KILO NOVEMBER said:
While I am no tanner, philologically speaking, I'd say, "goat".

Oh how I hate email shorthand. The laughing smiley above was actually typed as l.o.l (without the periods). I wasn't laughing out loud, but typing philo logically.

I think the jury is still out. One of the scans mentions both "Goatskin" and "Capeskin" as two different things.

Now I'm very curious what it is...

Vic

One of the Regulars
Vic said:
I think the jury is still out. One of the scans mentions both "Goatskin" and "Capeskin" as two different things.

Now I'm very curious what it is...

I looked it up. Capeskin is a soft sheepskin. Used on the original A-1s (as well as several of the jackets in these catalogues, obviously. Today, it seems to be primarily used for gloves.

fl&wvmike

Familiar Face
DSC_2264.jpg
DSC_2265.jpg
DSC_2282.jpg
DSC_2283.jpg
DSC_2286.jpg
DSC_2307.jpg
DSC_2315.jpg
[/IMG]

I believe that I have the exact same jacket that is one the left side of the fourth page down.
Fl&WVMike

skytop

New in Town
Pony hide? You mean they killed little ponies so someone could stay warm?

Wait till PETA gets a working time machine!!!!

regius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
every single man in those pictures wore a shirt and tie and dress/Kaki pants!! the young people who wear this kinda jackets nowadays wear slacker jeans and maintain as an unkempt look as they can, there is this junkie girl on Broadway New York City wearing a 1950s vintage motorcycle jacket with hairs never washed for weeks, and it looks of a certain style, but in such a contrast with the intended wearing of these jackets back in the days!!

hpalapdog

One of the Regulars
Clearly your not a real man without a pipe in hand....

I'm curious to know what Sears called this black jacket. Would it be strictly for motorcycle use in the 40's ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner