Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1944-1945 multipanel reproduction Irvin

Jonnyboy

New in Town
Hi guys,

Finally finished jacket #5!

I'm really happy with how it's turned out, and pleased with the multipanel pattern. Although it uses up smaller pieces of sheepskin than earlier patterns, there's a lot more work involved. Great fun though!

I'm still waiting on new sheepskins, which is a pain. I have several orders in the book for when I get it though, so will hopefully be able to get stuck into those soon.

This jacket is a size 44, and is for sale if anyone is interested (£650). I can get some measurements up later if that helps.

Anyway, here are a few photos - I hope you like them.

Cheers,

Jon

Jacket5front1.jpg

Jacket5front2.jpg

Jacket5front3.jpg

Jacket5back1.jpg

Jacket5back2.jpg

Jacket5front4.jpg

too much coffee

Practically Family
Hi Jon;

Great Irvin you reproduced there Jon. I've followed your work on the VLJ and your efforts keep on improving.

What you need is an official Irvin Hot Weather Tester stationed at the Irvin Hot Weather Test Center which is located in Tucson, Arizona.
Coincidentally, I live in Tucson. I'd be willing to accept the position without monetary reward, with the stipulation that after testing I get to keep the size 44 Irvin! You have to admit it would prove to be very difficult work on my end, wearing your Irvins in 110 degree F. temps coupled with brutal UV rays. But to quote Telly Savalas in "Kelly's Heroes"......."there ain't nothin' too good for our Boys."

Super work...........and thanks for sharing the pics.

Best regards,

coffee

Last edited:

Jonnyboy

New in Town
Hi Coffee,

Thanks for the positive comments. And also for the IHWT offer! Sounds like a superb plan, but I wouldn't want to put you under any undue stress. I don't think I could sleep knowing what gruelling testing work you were undertaking, in such high temperatures!

Cheers,

Jon

cuthbert

One of the Regulars
Very nice job!I think I've seen some of your jackets on ebay, out of curiosity, are the sizes modern or WWII?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner