Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1946 Packard Clipper Super curbside blog find

DetroitFalcons

Familiar Face
I read a lot of the automobile news and blog sites, and I thought some here might find this link interesting.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CBMQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.thetruthaboutcars.com%2F2010%2F11%2Fcurbside-true-classic-1946-packard-clipper-super-and-why-did-someone-dump-paint-on-it-the-other-night%2F&rct=j&q=1946%20packard%20curbside%20classic%20truth%20about%20cars&ei=KVDsTILoPML1sgaUic3-Dg&usg=AFQjCNH92s55VmmuboWTg0dSMerHF4apbg&cad=rja

I am for sure not an expert on Packards (although I'd love a Packard Hawk) but this coupe is calling to me. I love straight 6 engines, so I'm sure I'd love a straight 8 even more.

Last edited:

DetroitFalcons

Familiar Face
I guess I just like "oddball" engines, or designs that aren't around any more. V-8s have been "overused" imho...I was upset when F1 dropped the 3.0 liter V-10s and went with the 2.4 V-8s.

...I probably shouldn't be listened to when it comes to engines because I still wish to own a Maserati Biturbo.

Talbot

One Too Many
Sounds like the car was at the centre of some form of dispute judging by the behaviour towards the photographer. Leaving it in the street was not the wisest place for it.

Pity about the paint splash. It shouldn't matter if the car is going to be restored, but preserving this car might have been an option.

Story

I'll Lock Up
"Perhaps it was the result of anxiety" - Bubba Zanetti.
Karma is a stone cold biatch. The day after Halloween, I pulled up alongside a white SUV - with some really interesting orange paint spray decorating along the left side - as well as the rear, including some South Carolina/sports team stickers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner