Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1950's era house being cleaned out

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Josephine said:
We do! I refresh the classified section often wondering what delights you have in store for us next. :)

Awww....thank you!
hug008.gif

Mary

Practically Family
What I mean is I sometimes feel obliged to save things and it can turn to a burden, having lots of things that's not for oneself. I'm not a great at this as you, but as I said I admire it. I think it shows a true love for beautiful things, living with what surrounds you and really taking in the world into one's mind and heart. Can't explain it in any other way but that's what I try to tell people that think I'm materialistic.

M

Vintage Betty

Thank you for the kind words, Miss Mary!

People have been very good to me over the years, and now it's time to give back. :)

I am having a great time sharing things from my collection and sharing things from other sources knowing they will go to good homes.

:cheers1:

Vintage Betty

Vintage Betty

I went to the family's home yesterday and picked up my fourth load of stuff to give away. It's my final load, and I won't be going back, though I could have filled my car again.

I have a load to drop off at the charity shop for them (all glassware and fragile items), and some more stuff for you guys. Keep a sharp eye on the classifieds; with the amount of stuff I am holding, I will be posting and ending items QUICKLY to clear out my house or turn them over to charity. I simply can't keep this much stuff in my house for long - it's in my way. In turn, I am asking you to be prompt about paying your shipping charges when a bill is sent to you.

Cheers-

Vintage Betty

Vintage Betty

Ok, I'll tell you a secret: I went back for a fifth load. Most of it was for charity as I said I'd be a courier, but yeah, I snuck in and picked up a fifth carload for you guys on the last day the family was in town.

As an update, I am now up to date on all shipments. Everyone who was promised stuff by July 3 should have:

-received the item or
-received tracking info or
-received instructions for refunding my shipping fee

by today's date. If you haven't received anything, post a note here.

More info to come shortly.

Vintage Betty

freebird

Practically Family
looking forward to seeing what you come up with this time Betty!
Kudo's to you for posting everything here for us to ooh and aah over.

Vintage Betty

freebird said:

Thanks for the kind words. The family gave me some modern unused toiletries and those were given to an AIDS Hospice along with some framed art work I got somewhere else.

Rabbit Rescue got the 1950's electric shaving kit as the rabbits overheat and die in the 100* weather here in Silicon Valley. The foster mom of the bunny rescue said the shaver was necessary to trim the coats of the bunnies to keep them alive and comfortable.

So it's been fun sharing the treasures around town. ;)

Vintage Betty

freebird

Practically Family
Vintage Betty said:
Thanks for the kind words. The family gave me some modern unused toiletries and those were given to an AIDS Hospice along with some framed art work I got somewhere else.

Rabbit Rescue got the 1950's electric shaving kit as the rabbits overheat and die in the 100* weather here in Silicon Valley. The foster mom of the bunny rescue said the shaver was necessary to trim the coats of the bunnies to keep them alive and comfortable.

So it's been fun sharing the treasures around town. ;)

Vintage Betty

Don't know why I didn't think of the bunnies when I saw that shaving kit. Good idea! I've got a couple of minature lops that dislike the heat also,I usually freeze 2 litre bottles or gallon milk jugs and place those in their cages.

Josephine

One Too Many
freebird said:

Oh yes, I love seeing all the things you find. There is no way I will fit into any of the shoes, and at this point *every penny is going to the sekrit vacation so the things I do like are merely sighed over, but I love seeing them all!

Vintage Betty

Details of a few items I received from the family can be seen here and there is another post which follows.

I will post more of my treasures as time permits.

On an administrative note, if none of the ladies clothing already posted is taken by July 11, I will most likely stop posting the clothing items and donate it all to charity.

This will allow me to focus on the non-clothing items as it appears most ladies of the Lounge are the wrong size or not interested in the 1960's clothing I am posting. Thoughts?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot