Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1950s Mackinaw bought for a song.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Picked this Mackinaw up on eBay for £20. Incredibly warm, in fantastic condition - you'd hardly know it was 60-odd years old (thanks to Dinerman for the ID) - and with more pockets than I'll ever need. It's labelled a 38, but fits like a 36.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Cheers. Couldn't believe it when it went for such a low price - I guess people are just not in a winter coat state of mind at the mo'. It's not that heavy, well, compared to say a FQHH jacket it's not, but blimey it'll keep the wind out in the worst of weather.

wdw

One Too Many
Great find and fits you well. They're kind of growing on me, and I think this is probably the nicest one I've seen so far.

Nigel

One of the Regulars
Great score and even better price. I have one too and love it it gets the most wear in winter. I have a Filson Double Mack but it needs to get seriously cold to break that one out.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
It's amazing how well made and how inexpensive these coats can be. I have a stack of them which I couldn't give away at $10 a piece.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy