Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1960's Leather Jacket

Fifty150

One Too Many
3.jpg

This was probably around 1969, when Feinstein was first elected to The San Francisco Board of Supervisors. A lot of things to notice in the photo. What I'm looking at is that three people are wearing leather jackets. And it looks like those jackets are almost, if not, identical. What do you guys think? I'm guessing that in 1969, you couldn't go to The Mall, and buy a jacket from Wilsons. So more than likely, it was locally made. Those gentlemen were most likely to have blue collar jobs, since they were not wearing neckties. I don't see any women in the diner, which could mean a lot of other things. Those machines in the back look like they were used for gambling.

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
The guy in the back doesn't look like it the same jacket as the two at the counter to me. I don't see the breast pocket flaps on him.

The gaming machines in the back look like some kind of pinball table.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Do you have any reference to the make of the black jacket? It appears to be horsehide but I can't identify the maker. The bottom jacket is quite unique - reminds me a bit of a Carhartt type. Thanks a heap.
First jacket is by Johnson Leathers, they call it the Macarthur, that's their waxed steerhide. They do have horsehides too.
https://johnsonleathersf.myshopify.com/collections/drops/products/macarthur-1
Second jacket is Filson. Roughout leather short cruiser. I don't know who made it for them, but is made in the US. I've always like the short cruiser design, very useful, they're most unlined though, and fits big. Quite pricey but that's Filson.
https://www.filson.com/outerwear/ro...ruiser-jacket.html#sku=20187535-fco-020876223

Fifty150

One Too Many
Not related to The Jacket, the keyboard player is Kenneth Brian Edmonds. He wrote the greatest Madonna Louise Ciccone song of all time. Take A Bow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ