Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1970's Movies

KY Gentleman

One Too Many
"ROLLING THUNDER" This movie featured William Devane and an unknown actor named Tommy Lee Jones. It was so good Tarrantino named his production company "Rolling Thunder Films".

Marc Chevalier said:
"Corvette Summer" -- Mark Hamill's follow-up film after "Star Wars."

Actually, it's pretty bad.

this all ties in! American Graffiti was the film from which George Lucas got the base funding to film Star Wars!

Fedord Spaniard

One of the Regulars
These are my 1970s movies

The Big Boss (1971)

A Clockwork Orange (1971)

Fist of Fury (1972)

Way of the Dragon (1972)

The Valachi Papers (1972)

Enter the Dragon (1973)

Serpico (1973)

Death Wish (1974)

The Godfather Part II (1974)

The Yakuza (1974)

Capone (1975)

Jaws (1975)

Taxi Driver (1976)

Rocky (1976)

Star Wars (1977)

Saturday Night Fever (1977)

Drunken Master (1978)

Dawn of the Dead (1978)

The Boys in Company C (1978)

Damien: Omen II (1978)

Superman (1978)

Mad Max (1979)

Zombi 2 (1979)

The Warriors (1979)

Escape from Alcatraz (1979)

Nathan Dodge

One Too Many
Busting (1974)

The other night I watched Busting, a gritty little 1974 crime/buddy picture which starred Elliott Gould and Robert Blake. Fantastic movie! Elliott Gould WAS the early 70s!!!

I enjoyed the witty repartee between Gould and Blake, the cruddiness of their world, and Carl Eller--then of the Minnesota Vikings football team-- beating the crud out of poor Elliott, too. And let's not forget those public restroom stakeout scenes which allow for some character backstory(!) for Keneely and the great exchanges between our lowly heroes. I like their relationship with the lieutenant, too.

...And I really need to get me one of those Elliot Gould "Fu Manchu" moustaches.lol ;)

It had many character actors like Logan Ramsey, Michael Lerner, and Sid Haig in it. Good score by early-1970s TV stalwart Billy Goldenberg. I really enjoyed Elliott Gould in this, as he's an actor I seem to root for despite the dismissal of him as a hack or has been. For that time period, he was perfect. Afterwards, not so much...

Cigarband

A-List Customer
Marc Chevalier said:
"Corvette Summer" -- Mark Hamill's follow-up film after "Star Wars."

Actually, it's pretty bad.

That movie effectively ruined Hamill's career. It was during the filming Hamill was in a car accident that badly damaged his face and required many months of recovery.
He had to turn down many offers and his looks and prospects never were the same.

Nathan Dodge

One Too Many
Watched and enjoyed The Parallax View (1974) last night. I've always liked Warren Beatty and he's quite good in this.

I'm also pretty sure that I'd make a swell applicant for the Parallax Corporation.;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran