Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

19th C. Cavalry boots source?

ftwsword

New in Town
Liten: Thanks for starting this thread. I've been looking for a pair of Pattern 1885 cavalry boots myself for a long time. Back in the early 80's there used to be a guy in Tuscon, I think, who did business as Fiddler's Green. He offered Pattern 1885 boots exactly to specs, but I was in college at the time and couldn't afford them. He subsequently shut down and I've never been able to track him down since. Tom, I will also order a pair of your 1885 boots through your site. Thanks. Dan

liten

One of the Regulars
hi dan good to hear from you, i havnt placed my order with tom as yet , i must get on to it, im sure toms 85 boot will be spot on ,as he said he went to a lot trouble to get them right, by going to museums and privite collections etc , if your intrested in seeing some orignals , go on to cowans auction, there was a couple of pairs being auction on there a while ago , they are long gone now ,but you can still site them by going on google and punching in 1885 pattern boots. enjoy yr boots when you get them , i no i will , cheers larry

liten

One of the Regulars
p/s the cowans boots to site are on page 30 the boots on page 1 21"height are not the 85 pattern as stated as you will probly notice

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80