Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

20 Vintage Regimental Ties! Langrock of Princeton, The English Shop, Brooks Bros., Chipp, more!

tweedydon

Call Me a Cab
I have 20 beautiful and utterly traditional regimental ties to pass on today, with several wonderful Grails from Langrock of Princeton--THE clothier of the Golden Age of Ivy Style!

As always, I offer FREE SHIPPING ON EVERYTHING IN THE USA, with International inquiries being very welcome, with shipping at cost!

Also as always, ALL OFFERS ARE VERY WELCOME!

Please PM with interest and offers!

1) GRAIL! This is wonderful--an Argyll and Sutherland regimental--THE classic regimental stripe in the Ivy canon!--made in Italy for Langrock of Princeton. Excellent condition. Made in Italy. 3 1/4". $23.

2) This tie was made in Great Britain by Welch, Margetson & Co. of London, one of the premier shirtmakers in London, which also specialized in ties. Founded in 1824, this firm closed in 1963.... which means that this tie is likely late 1950s. It was originally sold by Langrock of Princeton, THE bastion of the American Ivy Style. It still carries all of its Langrock labels, which note that it was made for Langrock's by Welch, Margetson. It has some memory in the knot area, and so is in Very Good condition. 3 3/16". $18.

3) Husband's Corner was an upscale menswear store based in Florida, with a branch in Lake Placid, NY. It was founded in 1969, and folded before 1992, when its trademark became defunct. This is a lovely classic Talbott tie that retains its HC label. This is 3 1/4", and originally retailed for $10--back when $10 was worth something! Excellent condition. $15.

tweedydon

Call Me a Cab
4) Robert Talbott. Genuine regimental tie: The Highgate School of England, founded in 1565. Excellent condition. 3 3/4". $16.

5) Robert Talbott. Genuine regimental tie: The Lothians and Border Horse cavalry regiment of Scotland. Excellent condition. 3 3/4". $16

6) GRAIL! Langrock of Princeton regimental. Excellent condition! Intelligence Corps. regimental tie. 3 5/8". Made in Italy. Beautiful! $22.

7) The English Shop of Princeton. One of the main rivals to Langrock--also long gone! This is a lovely classic Ivy stripe regimental--Union Made in the USA by the ACWA! (It carries a rare ACWA tie tag!) It's in excellent condition. 3 1/4". Just $18.

8) Another Langrock regimental--this time, South Grammar School. Made in Italy, 3 1/4". This does have some minor rubbing on the right side of the blade on the edge, as shown, hence is in Good condition--perfectly wearable, especially at only $10!

tweedydon

Call Me a Cab
9) Chipp! One of the iconic Ivy makers of ties from the Golden Age, Chipp are best known form their superlative tailoring and whimsical (and not politically correct!) ties. This is a classic regimental that you won't get in trouble for. 3 5/8". Very Good/Excellent condition. $18.

10) ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS! Vintage Gucci regimental. This is a truly beautiful tie in excellent condition! 3 1/8". $22.

11) GRAIL! Langrock of Princeton regimental; Royal Irish Fusiliers. Made in Italy. Excellent condition! 3 1/4". Asking just $24, or offer.

12) Brooks Brothers regimental stripe. An Ivy/Trad classic! Excellent condition. 3 3/4". Just $16.

13) The English Shop of Princeton regimental. Another classic! Some minor off-centering at the tip if the blade, as shown, hence Very Good condition. 3 1/4". Just $14.

tweedydon

Call Me a Cab
14) GRAIL! Another Welch and Margetson tie for Langrock. Very Good/Excellent condition; likely late 1950s, early 1960s. 3 3/8". Just $17.

15) Harry Ballot of Princeton. A rival to Langrock and The English Shop! A lovely tie. Poly/silk, although this appears to be pure silk. Very Good/Excellent condition. 3". Asking just $12.

16) The English Shop of Princeton. A classic regimental tie! 3 1/2". $17. Excellent condition.

tweedydon

Call Me a Cab
17) ANOTHER GRAIL! Welch & Margetson for Langrock or Princeton. Made in either Scotland or England--the labels conflict! A beautiful mid 1950s tie in excellent condition. 2 3/4". These are becoming increasingly hard to find! Just $25.

18) Another BEAUTIFUL Langrock Grail! Royal Army Service Corps. Absolutely excellent condition! 3 5/8". Asking just $24.

19) The English Shop of Princeton regimental by Rivetz of Boston. A lovely, classic stripe! 3 1/4". Excellent condition. $14.

20) Resilio regimental. Absolutely beautiful! 3". A lovely tie! Excellent condition. Just $18.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner