Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

2006 QM attire

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
Miss Neecerie said:
You obviously haven't met any of the men here or hung out in the Suit forum much at all....they are 10 times worse then we are with the perfect outfit for each individualised moment of time.

:p
lol now that is funny! I guess I'm just used to my guy who has the mentality of one suit/outfit fits all :rolleyes:

"Doc" Devereux

One Too Many
mysterygal said:
lol now that is funny! I guess I'm just used to my guy who has the mentality of one suit/outfit fits all :rolleyes:

Ah. Not quite the way things are done at Castle Devereux. Let's see...

Friday night: meet & greet. That'll be black tie with a white dinner jacket.
Friday night: formal dinner & dance. No question: white tie.
Saturday night: dinner. Black tie with black dinner jacket.

But that's the easy part. No actual choices involved there.

What shall I wear during the day..?

"Doc" Devereux

One Too Many
mysterygal said:
decisions, decisions...well, whatever you shall choose, I'm sure you will look positively smashing :D

Yet I shall be as a dull finch next to the beautiful swallow, when the ladies of the Lounge are presented.

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
Leather jacket and tuxedo pants were my choice for the morning after the dinner last year.

Yes... the suits section is a cloud of men showing off and talking clothes. We do have a ladies suit thread.

Now I'll back out of this thread and let the ladies talk their wears.

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
[QUOTE="Doc" Devereux]Yet I shall be as a dull finch next to the beautiful swallow, when the ladies of the Lounge are presented.[/QUOTE]
you dull? never! it is the way it should be, you men will no doubt look handsome, but us women will be stunning!

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Daniel was the only one with one last year, to my knowledge. If I can find one I like for a decent price, you betcha I'll have one!

Three sets of evening dress? Last year for the "meet and greet" I wore a suit. I'm probably just going to go less formal since I'll most likely be driving up in that outfit. Maybe afternoon dress? I've got (in my head at least) two evening dresses for dinner, a knit suit for Saturday, and an "adventure style" suit in my head for Sunday (here's hoping the Indy gear group do whip cracking again!) but with a room on board there's no end to the changes a girl could make :p

[QUOTE="Doc" Devereux]There's always one, isn't there? :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Actually there were a few last year:

QM_bartenders.jpg

You cannot see my cape very well and the walking stick cane is probably behind me. :p

Regards,

J

Cabinetman

A-List Customer
mysterygal said:
lol can't say I really blame him though...they are pretty nice.

:eek:fftopic: You should see the cherry cabinets I am working on right now. They're wonderful, if I do say so. And I guess I just did. Maybe I'll post some pics when I get home, if I can tie it to the golden era somehow.

Well, back to the show.

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
Cabinetman said:
:eek:fftopic: You should see the cherry cabinets I am working on right now. They're wonderful, if I do say so. And I guess I just did. Maybe I'll post some pics when I get home, if I can tie it to the golden era somehow.

Well, back to the show.
with being in the process (still in the beginning stages) of building a house, I love to look at pictures of cabinets, moulding ,ect. good for getting ideas

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
Lauren Henline said:
Daniel was the only one with one last year, to my knowledge. If I can find one I like for a decent price, you betcha I'll have one!

Three sets of evening dress? Last year for the "meet and greet" I wore a suit. I'm probably just going to go less formal since I'll most likely be driving up in that outfit. Maybe afternoon dress? I've got (in my head at least) two evening dresses for dinner, a knit suit for Saturday, and an "adventure style" suit in my head for Sunday (here's hoping the Indy gear group do whip cracking again!) but with a room on board there's no end to the changes a girl could make :p
the meet and greet I'll probably wear some kind of dress, though not as formal as what I'm going to wear for dinner...still looking for the 'right' suit myself, which seems to be hard, I'm finding tons of dresses that I love and look great on me

Lauren

I'm with you! Finding suits that fit right are so hard! And it seems it's nearly impossible these days to find 30's suits. I think most of them got made over in the war or were worn till they were shreads.

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
what I find very interesting also is that on ebay and some vintage stores, they consider 70's and 80's clothes vintage :eek:
So with suits Lauren, do you find you pretty much need to make them yourself? I'm starting to seriously consider going that route...I don't sew myself, but have a great friend who does

Lauren

I have made most of my suits because my body shape doesn't work well for suits generally. I have two real vintage suits that fit me well- one from the late 30's, and one from the 40's. I look on Ebay, but they never work! And there is almost never 30's suits on Ebay. I think I have seen two in the last year... and one was mislisted as 50's (I'm still crying about loosing that one!). It's pretty expensive to get suits made because of all the layers and handwork- but if you have a friend who sews that helps! And you know you'll get it to fit you just right!

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
jamespowers said:
Actually there were a few last year:

QM_bartenders.jpg

You cannot see my cape very well and the walking stick cane is probably behind me. :p

Regards,

J
yeah, but these guys make it look good! I was thinking of the look more along the line of the character in 'You've got mail' where she's supposed to meet Joe in the coffee shop and that one guy in the cape goes walking in.
Lauren, my body type doesn't lend itself to the vintage look very easily either...I've noticed that the suits really push the hourglass figure..which I'm more like twiggy :eusa_doh: But with all the *ahem* undergarments out there, I'm sure there's a way to still make it look right...maybe

Lauren

Hey! That's exactly what I'm like too! I can do 30's... and that's about it unless I want padding in all sorts of areas :p I'm glad you understand!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
John Frum