Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

2023 Schott x Horween collab P677

trainspotter

A-List Customer
https://www.schottnyc.com/products/...with-full-removable-belt.htm?color=6&catID=21

Looks to be the sole CXL effort by Schott this year. Color looks fantastic, and the removable belt is a good feature to have. But the price and split back are bummers

Personally would have preferred CXL Horsehide at this price point. Steerhide is too cumbersome for me. But I am sure this will fly off the shelves in no time

20231014IMG_748332.jpg

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
https://www.schottnyc.com/products/...with-full-removable-belt.htm?color=6&catID=21

Looks to be the sole CXL effort by Schott this year. Color looks fantastic, and the removable belt is a good feature to have. But the price and split back are bummers

Personally would have preferred CXL Horsehide at this price point. Steerhide is too cumbersome for me. But I am sure this will fly off the shelves in no time

View attachment 553660
Pretty. I like the colour.
What's wrong with Steerhide? I've only had Aeros CXL in horse and in steer and I have to say that I actually like steer better of the two jackets. Surely not representative

trainspotter

A-List Customer
My experience with CXL steerhide has been that it breaks in much faster & gets really pliable compared to horsehide which needs a lot of time and effort to break in. And I really appreciate this feature of the steerhide.

But at the same time, I have found the steerhide to be heavier and thicker than horsehide. CXL HH is already bordering on being too heavy for me, and given the additional thickness & weight, I try and avoid the steerhide

To each their own :)

PS - attached note is from Aero website
SH vs HH.png

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
It does look great!

Price is quite something, though.

I spoke with Jerri about sizing, and this one too seems to be a nod towards popular trends. The size "XL", for which I should be looking comes at 27,25" back lenght. Not sure I can pull that off...

TartuWolf

Practically Family
What's with the double lapel snap?
Not a fan of the back. No bi-swing or shoulder gussets.. Also the center seam..
Cool lining!
Looks like natural CXL?

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Well, I’ve been tempted, but I decided against it.
Too hefty a pricetag for too big a chance that dimensions won’t work for me.

Plus, with the supernice hide of the 613SH, Horween CXL doesn’t have that much of an appeal for me after all.

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
What's with the double lapel snap?
Not a fan of the back. No bi-swing or shoulder gussets.. Also the center seam..
Cool lining!
Looks like natural CXL?

This is the CXL version of the Shinki Perfecto from last year, which was a new design.

PeterRocco

A-List Customer

View attachment 553660
I own the same jacket in CXL Horsehide and the Horsehide is So Nice.Style 1928.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner