Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

20s Revival in the 50s?

Mojito

One Too Many
Glad you liked it, Tiller - and yes, the coat was a campus favourite for both genders.

BinkieBaumont said:
You wouldn't want to take a tumble from the Manly ferry after a night out "On The Razzle"[/B][/I][/FONT][/COLOR]

lol Indeed - one would risk the fate of Kenneth Slessor's mate, Joe.

I'm sure I'd sink like a stone in one of those things.

vitanola

I'll Lock Up
LizzieMaine said:
"Pye" was a British record label -- an outgrowth of the Pye radio manufacturing firm of the 30s and 40s.

There was a lot of pseudo-twenties stuff right into the sixties -- remember "Winchester Cathedral," with that guy doing a bad Rudy Vallee impression with a megaphone? And how about "Your Father's Moustache Banjo Band," which would have made Harry Reser writhe in his grave.

Excepting, of course, that Mr. Reser was still alive and kicking, playing guitar and banjo in Broadway pit orchestras. In fact, he passed (fatal heart attack) in the orchestra pit of the Imperial Theater, just before the curtain was raised on the 9/27/65 performance of Fiddler on the Roof.

David Conwill

Call Me a Cab
1961_Ford_Falcon_Brochure-11.jpg

There must have been - how else do you describe the way these fellows are dressed? Or Fred MacMurray’s Halloween costume in Son of Flubber?

-Dave

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy