Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

3 questions about my A2 from the real mccoy's

Stand By

One Too Many
+1 on that! Had a few jackets where I couldn't figure out what the hell did the previous owner did to it, and why. I mean, it's not rocket science - I mean, you put the jacket on when you leave the house, and then you take it off when you get back home. Or vice versa. But that's it! Why does so many people mess with it?

It does make you wonder how they coped with these "problems" in the war …!!! LOL

Well, I'll admit that vintage (NOS) and sometimes the repop zip's are a PITA - some worse than others. But I won't put crap on them and risk ruining a jacket and/or clothing. I've had nights where my Ventura Waldes refuses to go past a certain point (no noticeable problems or goofed up teeth) and I say to hell with it and go unzipped. Same on an Aero Bronco I had (Talon). I mostly don't zip here in Cali, so it's not a big deal, but I'm also willing to put up with a certain finicky nature on the vintage/NOS zip's because well they do look cool. ;)

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Same here. People think that zips are just zips, but to me it's the details that give the finishing touch to overall 'feel' of a jacket. You don't necessarily notice them but they're there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points