Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"300" - Merged Thread

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
The Mister and I went to see it on Saturday. The theatre was about 3/4 full. He really liked it. I hid my face in my jacket for some of the more graphic parts. And when I was watching.... I got distracted by the abs of the Spartans and wondering what the actors had to do to get in that good of shape. Were they chosen for the part because of their six pack? [huh]

:D

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here
From what I hear they aren't wearing the full panoply in the movie, but hauling around 60 pounds of bronze everyday and practicing shield and spear thrusts from morning til night will tend to tighten up the old core muscle groups.

Remember, our earliest physical ideals tend to come from classical Grecian art. They wanted to look like Men's Health models too. ;)

I'm going to cut work for a matinee this week I think.

Cacklewack

One of the Regulars
Babydoll said:
Were they chosen for the part because of their six pack? [huh]

:D

They were obviously chosen for their excellent acting abilities!

I saw it on Friday evening in a theater brimming with adolescents. I did not enjoy it -- at least not like my roommate did. I thought it was too over the top, the dialogue made me cringe and the slow motion, flying-through-the-air, ab-flexing and howling became mundane.

Those who enjoyed Sin City, however, will probably enjoy this film.

Matt

carebear

the slow motion, flying-through-the-air, ab-flexing and howling

Coming soon to a trendy health club near you, the next new hot fitness craze - "Spartacize".

"...and flex ...and howl ...like Greek heroes, ladies!"

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
carebear said:
Coming soon to a trendy health club near you, the next new hot fitness craze - "Spartacize".

You ain't kiddin'. A couple of years ago, a very trendy NYC gym started offering 'stone lifting' workouts. Apparently, Scottish Highlanders have been picking up and dropping very heavy rocks for ages. Makes 'em strong, see. So this New York gym imported some giant stones from somewhere and created an exercise space for them. I'm not kidding.

Cacklewack

One of the Regulars
Marc Chevalier said:
You ain't kiddin'. A couple of years ago, a very trendy NYC gym started offering 'stone lifting' workouts. Apparently, Scottish Highlanders have been picking up and dropping very heavy rocks for ages. Makes 'em strong, see. So this New York gym imported some giant stones from somewhere and created an exercise space for them. I'm not kidding.

Lucky!

Matt

carebear

Marc Chevalier said:

If only there were some place local to find such stones, why one could almost perform the exercises at home... :eusa_doh:

carebear

Marc Chevalier said:
I seem to remember that the gym claimed to have imported the stones from Scotland. "There's one born every minute ..." lol

They could prove it by pointing out the stones weren't smooth.

They had burrs... :p

Doh!

One Too Many
Fleur De Guerre said:
Watchmen fans may be interested to know that in the extended trailer of 300 at 1.52, you can see a test shot of Rorschach standing in a street. Oh boyohboyohboy I hope they do a good job of it!

Fleur, do you have a link to that trailer? I'd love to see Rorschach (just think what Terry Gilliam could've done with it!). Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko