Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

30s 40s vintage- heavy wool shirt in striking plaid

antoine p

One of the Regulars
Hi there all,

Hope you're doing well.

Up for your consideration today is a heavy wool button up shirt in a very attractive plaid. True vintage- I believe this dates to the 1930s or 40s, maybe earlier. Special details throughout, shirring at double button cuffs and back yoke, nice large collar, MOP buttons, very slightly different sized front pockets, 5 button front.

I love this shirt, but it's too big for me, and I can't bring myself to alter it to fit. I think it would easily compliment a range of styles- it has just the right amount of vintage flavor. My personal vision was to wear it open like a jacket in the spring sunshine.

If anyone has relevant information or can give a more accurate date, please share!

I would call this good condition- the cuffs, unfortunately, are missing buttons, and there are a few small blemishes that I have included photographs of below.

I had this item dry cleaned here in Chicago at a facility which has extensive experience with vintage garments.

Measurements (tagged L)
P2P ~23.75"
Sleeve ~24.25"
Shoulder seam to shoulder seam, taken from the back +19.75"
Length, taken from the back at base of collar +28.25"

Asking for $90 shipped in the US, $80 for pickup in Chicago, $80 & shipping for rest of the world.

wL40fsa.jpg

JKsOuwe.jpg

IjfycsW.jpg

J1Yzm3I.jpg

xyGAa5P.jpg

KcoOh4n.jpg

Blemishes:
3M1mrsb.jpg

T5hsfuy.jpg

vJIsLoV.jpg

Last edited:

antoine p

One of the Regulars
Price reduction
Asking for $60 shipped in the US, $50 for pickup in Chicago, $50 & shipping for rest of the world.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points