Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

30s German jacket?

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
i would advise against trying to create a matching 'suit'. i think that it never works if the fabric is even slightly different, although you could get away with it if you only plan to wear the suit in very dark nightclubs. ;)

better to go for a contrasting trouser in light - mid grey. i realise this would go against the 'afternoon and evening' thing and turn it more into a mis-matched 'sports' outfit.
just my humble opinion.

cpdv

One of the Regulars
i would advise against trying to create a matching 'suit'. i think that it never works if the fabric is even slightly different, although you could get away with it if you only plan to wear the suit in very dark nightclubs. ;)

better to go for a contrasting trouser in light - mid grey. i realise this would go against the 'afternoon and evening' thing and turn it more into a mis-matched 'sports' outfit.
just my humble opinion.
orphan jackets have to have contrasting pants or else you just look silly attempting to match.

Fastuni

Call Me a Cab
Sure. Matching the jacket fabric is neigh impossible.

Then you have to forego "If I go for that jacket I want to have the look done right. " as this is an evening suit jacket... not ideal for casual combinations - but it certainly was done often enough.
Combined with contrasting grey trousers this jacket would be useable for a daytime street combination.

But "swilling champagne in Weimar decadence" sounded like something you'd do in more formal wear... ;)

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
CPDV:

If you want a stroller, I have a number of them (I'd guess they're from the 1930s) in smallish sizes. What size do you wear? Send me a PM with your details.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy