Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

'30s German Suit on eBay

nightandthecity

Practically Family
ebay prices in general seem to be falling again after a 6 month high. Everyone's spending their dosh on the family hols. Now's the time to pick up those bargains!

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
eBay's prices for vintage suits tend to fall every summer. It's a seasonal thing: people are on vacation and away from their computers, or are spending their money on trips. Sellers are also away, or they simply withhold their best stuff until autumn. This is why I don't sell vintage suits on eBay in the summer. I guarantee you that prices (and selection of merchandise) will rise again in late August/early September. They do every year.

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
eBay's prices for vintage suits tend to fall every summer. It's a seasonal thing: people are on vacation and away from their computers, or are spending their money on trips. Sellers are also away, or they simply withhold their best stuff until autumn. This is why I don't sell vintage suits on eBay in the summer. I guarantee you that prices (and selection of merchandise) will rise again in late August/early September. They do every year.

Marc, you have to stop telling everybody about this; you'll scare the sellers into holding onto their items until the fall thus depriving bargain hunters of their bargains. ;)

BTW congratulations for staying on topic for so long, but I, for one, miss the free-wheeling Marc Chevalier of yore. :( :icon_smil

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
I really like the fabric used in that suit. Such a steal.

It seems that most items on eBay see a price/activity drop through the summer months.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn