Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

30's Wool DB BELTED-BACK Suit Jacket Pleated Pockets 38R

DamianM

Vendor
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-193...pt=Vintage_Men_s_Clothing&hash=item43bc449cc0

Let the fight begin

$%28KGrHqF,!rEFF9iZw+C3BRoDUM03RQ~~60_57.JPG

$T2eC16R,!ygE9s7HJFs6BRoDUbULR!~~60_57.JPG

GoldenEraFan

One Too Many
Will you join in the fight my good sir?
sadly this is way top small for me
Vicarious I will be.

I've actually been buying a lot of vintage lately, need to take a break for a while! I love the jacket and it's close to my size, but I know it'll reach upwards of $200 in the end, which is beyond what I'd ever consider spending on 1 article of clothing.

GoldenEraFan

One Too Many
Will you join in the fight my good sir?
sadly this is way top small for me
Vicarious I will be.

I've actually been buying a lot of vintage lately, need to take a break for a while! I love the jacket and it's close to my size, but I know it'll reach upwards of $200 in the end, which is beyond what I'd ever consider spending on 1 article of clothing.

To ship with tracking (an eBay seller who doesn't do so is a moron - truly a wonderful way to launder money, saying something never arrived and had no proof of shipping), the number isn't too different from what it would cost to send such a suit from the UK to the USA. The difference is about £5. If you add insurance the difference is a matter of pence.

Shipping costs are very expensive, and as previously loss-making shipping providers - like Royal Mail, USPS, France Post, Deutsche Post, etc. - transition to a more competitive pricing structure, the prices have inevitably gone up a lot.

DamianM

Vendor
To ship with tracking (an eBay seller who doesn't do so is a moron - truly a wonderful way to launder money, saying something never arrived and had no proof of shipping), the number isn't too different from what it would cost to send such a suit from the UK to the USA. The difference is about £5. If you add insurance the difference is a matter of pence.

Shipping costs are very expensive, and as previously loss-making shipping providers - like Royal Mail, USPS, France Post, Deutsche Post, etc. - transition to a more competitive pricing structure, the prices have inevitably gone up a lot.

True true. I ship USPS and I was told at my local office that international shipping has gone up 30%
thats a lot

cpdv

One of the Regulars
going for it! It's hard for me to find a nice slim double breasted that is from the 20s-30s that I like. Being only just under 5'7" it's hard for me to pull off a double.

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Yep, "competitive" doesn't always mean price wars anymore. Amongst privatized carriers the competition is for profit margins, which can mean competing to raise rates the least.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic