Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

40s/50s workwear boots

dancinggods

New in Town
hey, so I pretty much only wear dickies 874 and the long sleeve work shirt, with the pants up at my belly button. I've got a velour fedora and a newsboy cap. Everything is black and I've dressed this way for two years. I like the 40s/50s workwear look. I have a pair of redwing 877s, but for black boots I haven't found quite the right thing. I wore out a pair of Stacy Adams Madison's in a year and don't want those again. I can't particularly afford another pair of Redwings. At modern blue collar prices, what on the market today is relatively unchanged for the most authentic black boot to go with my "uniform?" I was looking into black Corcoran Jumper boots, but without seeing these in person first I don't know if they would have the half dressy half work boot 40s/50s look. The price is right and I've seen on other threads that people like them. Does anyone have any pictures of them being worn in a similar context, rather than with military fatigues? Thanks!!

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
hey, so I pretty much only wear dickies 874 and the long sleeve work shirt, with the pants up at my belly button. I've got a velour fedora and a newsboy cap. Everything is black and I've dressed this way for two years. I like the 40s/50s workwear look. I have a pair of redwing 877s, but for black boots I haven't found quite the right thing. I wore out a pair of Stacy Adams Madison's in a year and don't want those again. I can't particularly afford another pair of Redwings. At modern blue collar prices, what on the market today is relatively unchanged for the most authentic black boot to go with my "uniform?" I was looking into black Corcoran Jumper boots, but without seeing these in person first I don't know if they would have the half dressy half work boot 40s/50s look. The price is right and I've seen on other threads that people like them. Does anyone have any pictures of them being worn in a similar context, rather than with military fatigues? Thanks!!
From what you're saying, I don't think you could do better than the Corcoran Jump boots. I bought a pair from an Army/Navy store in 1971 and wore them for years landscaping, travelling, cab-driving, etc., and then throughout the whole punk thing in NY. I had to laugh when I saw your reference to the Stacy Adams Madisons. Back around 1983 a woman wrote an article in the old Village Voice about them, so I ran out and got a pair (High-button shoes - as they used to be called - were nonexistent at the time). Uncomfortable as hell, and one day I'm sitting on the subway and noticed the heel was falling off, and that inside it was made of cardboard. Anyway, I see that black is back amongst hipsters everywhere, so all the best to you.

swinglish

New in Town
I have Corcoran jump boots in brown and after the initial break in period, they've been fantastic (they take ages to break in... really, ages). Really well made, excellent quality boots. I wear them with wide leg, high waist jeans and really like them. Initially the toe shape is a little odd to look at from above due to the last Corcoran use for these boots, but that's the only negative point - and it's not really negative, just different and a question of taste.

If you can find somewhere to actually try them on, preferably somewhere with a variety of widths, I'd recommend it.

A guy I follow on instagram posted a picture of his Corcorans in black recently: -

https://www.instagram.com/p/BPpes56hEiT/?taken-by=jeffschilde

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy