Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

40's halfbelt and other finds

fishmeok

Vendor
Been having some good luck lately-
This is a '40's gaberdine halfbelt, size 46! (as in it fits me). Interesting design with no side panels and uniquie cuffs. Between this and a repop M-1941 filed jacket I should be able to come up with a decent halfbelt pattern:

CompDown827.jpg

CompDown832.jpg

CompDown840.jpg

Childs Ike Jacket- looks like it would fit a 6-7 year old. Has buttons inside to mate up to a pair of matching trousers (don't have those). Looks to be made from material similar to USMC uniforms. Very well made.

CompDown834.jpg

CompDown836.jpg

CompDown837.jpg

1986 dated N-2B Parka size Large

CompDown825.jpg

And finally a Western jacket- seller said it was cotton gaberdine, turns out it's that OTHER cotton gaberdine, polyester. Still, it's a very cool pattern and fairly true to vintage styles. Size 48

CompDown842.jpg

CompDown843.jpg

Fiver64

Practically Family
Half-belt placement

THAT is where the belt should be located on a half-belt...... not in the middle of the back like Aero tends to put theirs. Anyone know why Aero does that, BTW? I love the brand, but the placement of the halfbelt always makes the jackets look shorter in the body.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tuatara