Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

'49-'62, but when within that range?

pdxvintagette

A-List Customer
tonyb said:
Any of you PDX dudes or dudettes familiar with Rosenblatt's? QUOTE]

Semi-familiar with Rosenblatt's. I have dabbled in the vintage business for some years, and now have transitioned to doing it full time. I see Rosenblatt's a lot (being in the Portland area) and they are always very nice, well tailored suits. Also, I have never seen one that I thought was later than the late 60's. If that helps.

On the other hand, I don't really look at the labels in suits any later than that anyway...

resortes805

Call Me a Cab
While this jacket probably dates from the early 1950's, you can certainly achieve a mid 1940's look with it, due to the higher gorge, lack of a rear vent, and the higher placement of the breast pocket. Nice stuff!

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
Baron Kurtz said:
There's no doubt about that! Maybe Canada, too.

I'm always interested to hear what other people are looking out for, and what specific features tell them about a piece.

I agree that this feature is more common in earlier jackets. It's predominant - though not exclusive - in 1930s; less so after that.

bk

More of the European jackets from the 30s-40s are fully lined, right?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn