Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

5 years in the Lounge!!!

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Dan - It was great meeting YOU in the Flat Iron in NYC along with other TFL Members! A memorable night with very special people! Congratulations :)

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
A sedentary lifestyle is not healthy.
From the "Movie Characters You Fear You'll Become" thread:

This is just too scarey to talk about:

Touch_of_Evil-Orson_Welles.jpg

MeandBernielookingbad.jpg

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
I'm getting embarrassed now. Who else around here has celebrated a similar milestone?
I will wish to be "here" five years from now. As off the wall as I may seem at times, I have to state I enjoy reading your posts, and have learned from them as well. The lounge is a great place with some great people, for sure!

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Okay Debbie Downer :p

Miz Downer's peanut-gallery predictions:

-- The Hats and Outerwear sections will continue to thrive, as will the Powder Room and Beauty sections. The Observation Bar will grow and grow, as will the Moving Picture and Golden Era sections.

-- The Suits section will be kept alive by European and Australian Loungers. Contributions by American Loungers will all but cease after thunderw21, Chasseur, Johnny J, Gene, and Patrick Hall stop posting.

-- The Shoes thread will go comatose after Cookie, Isshinryu101, Flyfishark, and The Shooman stop posting in it.

-- The Classifieds Section will grow and grow and GROW (thanks in part to the recession).

-- The Ties thread will flatline after Widebrim, jamespowers, Quigley Brown, Feraud, and Dinerman stop posting in it.

-- The Caps thread will grow in popularity as actual and would-be fedora wearers discover that they also like (or even prefer) wearing newsboy caps.

-- The Events section will plod on, but (thanks mainly to the recession) won't grow much in effectiveness or popularity.

Last edited:

Johnny J

Call Me a Cab
Well, I have not been on the lounge that long like some of you, but I have loved vintage clothing since the end of the 80s. I don't see myself changing my taste in the near future and as long as that does not happen I will continue visiting the lounge. Look at you Marc. You have been here what, 7 yrs? and you have more than 18,300 posts. Does anyone else have that many posts? How long have you liked vintage clothing?

Undertow

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The question is, will the Lounge itself be here five years from now? How long before it gets to be, um, old hat?

I know Marc has vanished for, what all hope, is a short time. God, I feel like I'm referring to a man who's passed...uck. In any case, I'll bite this hook.

I will have been here 5 years this May, and my knowledge of vintage styles, materials, lifestyles, etc., has grown exponentially. I've met many of you online, and a few of you in person and I love this community, even in its human moments of weakness.

There are a handful of ladies and gents that possess amazing knowledge regarding various eras, and there are some excellent resources available. As time goes, we will undoubtedly lose some experts (as we've lost Marc), we will gain others - or perhaps regain, as is the case with our friend Enigma, and will see some stop by for a chat, e.g. Mr. B. Kurtz.

Will the lounge be here in another 5 years? Absolutely. This is not your typical online forum with your typical online people. And while we have a relatively narrow focus, we have a wealth of opportunity from which we might draw inspiration. As new folks join and post their usual "Newbie" questions, new "experts" will post responses, provide pictures, offer advice. Others of us that absolutely yearn to be "experts" will continue plodding away in our research when we're able.

[huh] At my level of knowledge, the Lounge still offers me many opportunities. I'm still glad to be here.

Now if I could just attend another meet-up and get to know more of you in person!

Undertow

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Well, I'm 5 years here in a few weeks and I'm 2,500 posts deep. (That's peanuts compared to some of you guys. Staring at JP ;p)

I also feel like I haven't contributed to the Lounge enough. I've taken SO much and given back relatively little (besides long winded, and oft rambling monologues lol).

I've been around just long enough to see a slow exodus of many great members, as well as the return of some others. I hope I can get my rear into gear and start contributing more so we can keep the rest of you good apples around!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou