Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

50s pencil skirts

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
Hm, one of the problems I have with my girdles is that they squish my butt and hips too much. Is anyone making a good repro 50's girdle?

I too find that this is a problem with even Rago or Crown girdles.

Better bet might be to just wear a light control panty with a waist cincher.

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
Miss Bella Hell, you don't need a girdle! Like Marilyn Monroe, you have the perfect hourglass figure (I've seen you in a swimsuit)! No squishing necessary <3

Goldfish

A-List Customer
KittyT said:
I too find that this is a problem with even Rago or Crown girdles.

Better bet might be to just wear a light control panty with a waist cincher.

Do you know if a shaping garter belt will work too?

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Goldfish said:
Do you know if a shaping garter belt will work too?

Possibly. The problem is that if your skirt is really slim, a shaping garter belt will show through your skirt, even with a slip. Also, I think most shaping garters don't really provide that much shaping.

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Haha thanks loves. Now that I'm back into pretty good shape, mostly I just use my Secrets in Lace garter belt. Gives a bit of smoothing in the tummy, and sits high enough on the butt so there's no line across.

Goldfish

A-List Customer
The one I have in mind is a RAGO one (72522) that according to its description is shaping... aren't the garter belts on SIL from RAGO too?

Or are there any other RAGO or WKD options to wear under pencil skirts? I keep eyeing RAGO 1294, but it would flatten the back I guess? I am too scared of the firm control of a waist cincher lol

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Goldfish said:
The one I have in mind is a RAGO one (72522) that according to its description is shaping... aren't the garter belts on SIL from RAGO too?

Some are, I believe, but not all of them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters