Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

618HH Fit Check

cbez

One Too Many
No, he's just a tall guy with a long torso. I've had people insist I'm wearing low rise (which I never have in my life) when I have on high rise Sugar Canes, because I think most people in the hobby (especially on the denim side for some reason) are short.
They def look low rise to me

This is the rise that's in rn and what you find in 'fashion' retailers unless you go out looking for longer.

1000017916.jpg

Last edited:

cbez

One Too Many
The 44 looks like I'm wearing something out of my sister's closet
Do you think the diff between good fit and sisters closet is a couple cm?

The shoulders, chest, sleeves all look good on the 44 is all I'm saying. But the armpit constriction you mention would make me not choose it. Length is more pattern/style/accompanying pants.

cbez

One Too Many
I mean if you look at every big menswear retailer you'll see pretty much only low rise / medium at best pants. I don't know how else you define 'in'.

Yango

One of the Regulars
Looks great. Wear the crap out of it!

That slightly boxy stiff look will disappear the more you wear and break in the jacket. I went through this process with my 141. They look more natural on you as time passes.

AHP91

Practically Family
A lot of conflicting answers from perfect fit to too big.
Asking internet strangers for the fit check is risky business, everyone prefers their jackets fit differently. Ask your mother or your sister (if possible) to tell you the truth. They know the answer

Yango

One of the Regulars
Asking internet strangers for the fit check is risky business, everyone prefers their jackets fit differently. Ask your mother or your sister (if possible) to tell you the truth. They know the answer
Lol. My Mother and Sisters have pretty much always steered me wrong, fashion wise. My Girlfriend is the one I trust in those decisions.

But no doubt everyone will have a different opinion in TFL.

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
A lot of conflicting answers from perfect fit to too big.

The people telling you to size down are telling you to ignore your own body indicating that the jacket is too small at the armpits.

The fact of the matter is that 613 and 618 hides actually fit closer with break in. The big panels of leather, as they lose their stiffness, mould and drape along you.

44-TALL would also work, if it exists... If you're taller than 6'-1.5" chances are you need tall sizings. Regular sizing will always be a bit short. Or you can go up a size to get the length, the 46 doesn't look bad either.
Schott doesn’t do the “tall” or “long” size anymore. IMO it’s a shame.

Aloysius

Schott doesn’t do the “tall” or “long” size anymore. IMO it’s a shame.

They do, but not on the 618. The equivalent of a 44 Long 618 would be a 118 in 42 Long.

But I maintain that he sized right and it will only become clearer as he wears the jacket and gets it wet.

cbez

One Too Many
The people telling you to size down are telling you to ignore your own body indicating that the jacket is too small at the armpits.

The fact of the matter is that 613 and 618 hides actually fit closer with break in. The big panels of leather, as they lose their stiffness, mould and drape along you.
I didn't tell him to size down, and I told him the armpit constriction would be a no-go for me.

All I said was the shoulders/chest/sleeves looked good to me in 44. But it sounds like in this pattern the length and armpit size fit better in 46 for him. Such is off-the-rack life.

Aloysius

I didn't tell him to size down, and I told him the armpit constriction would be a no-go for me.

All I said was the shoulders/chest/sleeves looked good to me in 44. But it sounds like in this pattern the length and armpit size fit better in 46 for him. Such is off-the-rack life.

Oh I wasn't referring to you, but to the prevailing TFL sizing advice.

Funnily enough I ended up getting a second Perfecto in the same pattern one size down, a year later because I had sort of internalized it, and realized it was definitely the wrong size decision for me.

hafor123

Familiar Face
Oh I wasn't referring to you, but to the prevailing TFL sizing advice.

Funnily enough I ended up getting a second Perfecto in the same pattern one size down, a year later because I had sort of internalized it, and realized it was definitely the wrong size decision for me.
Keeping it, it's the jacket!

Attachments

• markup_1000000816.jpg
    markup_1000000816.jpg
    690.8 KB · Views: 89

hafor123

Familiar Face
After a month of spraying it down a few times break in process. Let me know what you all think!

Attachments

• markup_1000001034 (1).jpg
    markup_1000001034 (1).jpg
    872.9 KB · Views: 56
  • markup_1000001036.jpg
    markup_1000001036.jpg
    869 KB · Views: 54
  • PXL_20240229_174403973.jpg
    PXL_20240229_174403973.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 52
  • markup_1000001033.jpg
    markup_1000001033.jpg
    888.9 KB · Views: 52

Arnold

One of the Regulars
They do, but not on the 618. The equivalent of a 44 Long 618 would be a 118 in 42 Long.
Similar but not equivalent because the 118/ 125 is naked cowhide which can be much, much softer than the 618's steerhide. I've had three 125s. The first two, from the early 90s, were alreadly softer than typical HQ MC cowhide, and my last one, made in the late 2000s, can almost be said to have a drape like heavy velvet. And that kind of leather molds to the body very differently from stiffer ones.

Arnold

One of the Regulars
After a month of spraying it down a few times break in process. Let me know what you all think!
My advice: get better photos. I think one reason you've been getting widely differing opinions is because your photos leave a lot to the imagination because of lack of free space around your body, cluttered background, lack of a total perspective that includes your feet/ shoes, lack of various body postures that show you in the middle of real life (or RL-like) movements, etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran