Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A 1940's Hair style from a 1930's bob?

NicolettaRose

Practically Family
1940's hair style from a 1930's bob?

Ok....so I started off with the 1920s have gone into the 1930's, but have decided I have to have atleast one dress that is 1940's just to be kosher, the problem is, I've got a 1930's/1920's bob, very Louise Brooks sans the bangs.What can I do with my hair to make it look 1940's?

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
You don't even have to roll the hair for an appropriate 1940s look (though reverse rolls are my favorite style)--just make sure the hair is softly curled and brushed out into something along the lines of this:

myrna-loy-80.jpg

Or this:

gene7.jpg

NicolettaRose

Practically Family
I have a 1930's/1920's style straight bob, is there any way I can get a 1940's style out of it so that I can be historically correct when wearing my 40's attire.

Tourbillion

Practically Family
Certainly, it's totally do-able.

You could put in some pin curls, or try for rolls. If you hair is like your avatar photo still, it is long enough for that.

There are a lot of short styles from the 40's. Here are some from nocturne.com's site. Something like this would probably work:

american_aug43.jpg

excitement.jpg

amhair_aug45-4.jpg

As long as your hair is long enough in the front and not a shingle, you can always make styles like these work, only maybe the back might be a little shorter when you are done.

Actually shorter is way more accurate than longer, it's me with my 35" of hair that has a problem getting my hair to look 40's.

Good luck and if you get a chance post a photo, I'd love to see it.

pretty faythe

One Too Many
I think my hair was doing something similiar to #17 this morning by itself. After my shower last night I had cliped my front over to the side to keep it out of my face and fell asleep with it in, and when I took the clip out this morning it was waiving like that! Of course, not as high and purty. lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner