Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A-2 horsehide gibson -barnes

kojax

Practically Family
i still have time to decide on my jacket. they will make it soon......they make to a-2 horsehide jacket type a-2 mark 43 price 538.00 and the type a-2 mark 41 price 568.00 one has a collar stand . which one is better thank you people. i will get the color mahogany.....................

jschare

New in Town
I have the Mark 41 with the collar stand. I like the way the collar stand looks much better than without one. I'd go for the Mark 41.

Jeff

Raymundo

One of the Regulars
Here is my take. The collar stand (I have one) makes the collar sit up a bit and gives a little more military look. Some people don't like them because they say it feels uncomfortable on the neck when turning the head from side to side. I think if the leather is soft this should not matter. It does not bother me. My other current A-2 does not have a collar stand and looks similar to the one that does. Over time. the non collar stand jacket may have a little more relaxed look when broken in but as far as comfort goes, both G&B jackets are VERY comfortable. You can't go wrong with either style. It's a matter of preference.

Ray

kojax

Practically Family
i sent my a-2 gibson barnes size 38 goatskin to them.....to make me a a-2 horsehide jacket they took the measurments of my 38 jacket they told me the jacket they would make me would be a 36 i said no way.. i told them to send me my jacket back i will look some were else......gibson barnes is crazy with there measurnents lol i might get a a-2 goatskin from us size 38.

Jacob Dubow

Familiar Face
I own several high end A-2's......none of them are G&B's, though. I have A-2's both with and without collar stands. I can state that in my experience, simple attachment collars are more comfortable from the git-go, and the difference is quite noticeable.

Collar stands often have to be given a "hot water treatment to make them acceptable.....comfort-wise. Also, because of the greater height of the cloth collar stands, they often rub against your neck and prematurely soil the cloth which looks tacky to many people. The simple attachment collar does not have this problem, to the same degree.

I think both types can be comfortable, but the collar stand variety tends to take a little more work to get them where they need to be.:)

J.A. Dubow......

aka Ted

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo