Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A-2s for Weight control

Edward

Bartender
jeep44 said:
Mr Finch:
Yes, I see waaaay too many XXXL CW "soldiers". The Artillery is a special refuge for the old, fat guys who don't feel like exerting themselves much. They can fire the guns a few times, and then go back to camp to cook and eat. "Hardcore" reenacting groups are fond of staging grueling,strenuous marches as a subtle way of keeping that sort at home.

Have you ever read the book Confederates in the Attic? About folks with a big interest in the CSA, in particular reenactors. Seriously hardcore, some of those folks.

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Who just happen to coincide with a region with a serious interest in eating, and a cherished tradition of starches and fats.

DGMW, I looove Southern cooking, but it sure isn't the best for you. All those carbs and sugar just make you hungry.

kampkatz

Practically Family
I do appreciate the creative ways for weight control. Some of these incentives are a bit humorous. It is good to hear how conscientious
folks can be about looking respectable in an A2(or CW uniform).;)

TarHeel1911

New in Town
I think any quality garment would serve as an incentive to maintain one's weight, but I'm also in favor of buying something that fits. I never saw the logic in buying a size smaller and waiting to lose that last 5-10 pounds before enjoying your new jacket, suit, etc.

A-2's are good motivators because of the trim fit. I've gotten away with wearing my 46R unzipped for a season (Mrs. TarHeel pointed out it was a little tight across the middle), but a recent visit to the ER with chest pains changed all that. (No actual heart attack, thankfully, but that is as close as you want to get).:(

I'm now on a medically ordered weight loss plan, looking to lose about 30-35 pounds. Even if I take off 20, my jacket will look great either way

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran