Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A-2s in RAF service

JRaptor

Familiar Face
HoosierDaddy said:
Wrinkles and grain of hide? So that determines cowhide?? This is an old arguement as Alan stated. You needn't mention names of your top dogs. Some of us are very familiar with their names and organization of origin. It has become a cult of A2 genius for some. Maybe and speculation has miraculously become: "Some A2s were most definately made with cowhide".
Many TopDog collectors and A2 jacket history buffs have never reached that conclusion at all. It always begs the exclamation..show me one!:eusa_doh:
HD
I only post this to reveal the fact that cowhide has never been "proven" to have been used as WW2 A2 hide.

Again, it is just my opinion and belief… take it or leave it.... I couldn't really care less!

JRaptor

Familiar Face
Spitfire said:
Great. Nice. Could we get back to the original subject now.;)

Yes we can, and I didn't intend to hijack your thread and I apologize for that.
:eek:

Although I am not new to collecting A-2's (been doing it for about 20 years) I am however new to the various message boards, I have known about them for a few years but just never joined because up until the last year or so did I have any time to sit around on my computer and participate.... So I did some searching and found some of the threads regarding this subject I can understand why some people fill so strongly about it, it's like beating a dead horse (or cow) and you will hear no more from me on the subject!

Jerry

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran