Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A bonus fedora

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
A couple of months ago I purchased a brown Stetson Stratoliner. The felt was perfect, the leather sweatband was good, but the liner was terrible. Recently there was another stratoliner on ebay in a small size (7). The hat wouldn't fit but the liner was like brand new. I got it for $10.00. So now my brown stratoliner is looking good on all fronts. The small stratoliner was the color of coffee after you put some cream in it. I decided to experiment with it since I only bought it for the liner. I put a 1 3/8ths brown ribbon on it and pulled out the leather sweatband. To my surprise with the sweatband out it fit perfect. Now mind you this hat was like brand new, the felt is like butter and I love the color. I can now wear this hat for the variety. Having the sweatband and liner out obviously doesn't make it a collectors item, but it has the "LOOK" and it is a sweet looking hat. I don't recommend buying a nice vintage fedora and just gutting them, but on the other hand nobody else was going to buy this hat and now it has a new lease on life, (sitting on my head.)

fedoralover

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
Nice first post fedoralover....you`ve come some 1200 posts along the way, but you never got an answer to your first. Sorry you had to wait 5 years, but GREAT FIRST POST!;)

carter

I'll Lock Up
The times, they are a-ch-ch-ch-anging.

worthlesswithoutpics wasn't available when fedoralover made his initial post. [huh] ;) :)

However, if he still has those hats, photos would be swell. :D

Don't you just LOVE ORANGE ?

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
It's a good trick to remember, removing a sweatband will give you one more size of headroom. Sewing a sweatband on top of the existing one will make the hat one size smaller. Both are "down and dirty tricks, but they work, and they are reversible! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR