Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A breakdown of Fedora Loungers by sex, location, age and marital status

MississippiLong

One of the Regulars
me

Male
24 years old.
Live in Atlanta, GA (Born and raised in Mississippi)
Getting married in about a month and a half.:eusa_doh:
Here's the lovely lady and myself:

n27410604_36754751_1298.jpg

notice the sweet hat at our side and the 2K rock on her finger (heirloom)....oh yes.

Aorta

Familiar Face
CharlesB said:
How is stuttgart. I had family stationed there when the Russians were still communist...they loved it

To be honest, I don't like Stuttgart so much :D. The city is quite boring, there are many buildings without any individuality and charm. Okay, trying to find a positive aspect, the large variety of museums and shopping facilities comes to my mind. Oh, and there's also a very nice jazz club in the city. Have you ever been to the area?

I can recommend a visit to Heidelberg and Tuebingen (I study at the university of the latter) - both lovely cities with picturesque old towns.

lillielil

Familiar Face
Aorta said:
To be honest, I don't like Stuttgart so much :D. The city is quite boring, there are many buildings without any individuality and charm. Okay, trying to find a positive aspect, the large variety of museums and shopping facilities comes to my mind. Oh, and there's also a very nice jazz club in the city. Have you ever been to the area?

I can recommend a visit to Heidelberg and Tuebingen (I study at the university of the latter) - both lovely cities with picturesque old towns.

I second the recommendation! I lived in Reutlingen growing up and found Tuebingen especially to be very picturesque - well worth a visit if you're anywhere in the neighborhood. My only memories of Stuttgart are of it being a big dirty city - I'm sure my opinion would be different because I live in Washington DC now, and perspective changes everything :)

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Let me introduce you

SPRFINO said:
male, sf bay area california, 31, single, new member
We have a big and active crowd of vintage enthusiasts here in the Bay, give me a PM as there's a party this weekend you shouldn't miss! Welcome to the Lounge! Put some contact info, I couldn't PM you the details...

Aorta

Familiar Face
lillielil said:
I second the recommendation! I lived in Reutlingen growing up and found Tuebingen especially to be very picturesque - well worth a visit if you're anywhere in the neighborhood. My only memories of Stuttgart are of it being a big dirty city - I'm sure my opinion would be different because I live in Washington DC now, and perspective changes everything :)

Oh, so you speak German?

Maybe one day I'll explain to the Loungers what the Swabian tradition of the "Kehrwoche" is about :D. I'd bet there's no equivalent to that (almost holy) habit of housekeeping in the U.S. and A.

lillielil

Familiar Face
Aorta said:
Oh, so you speak German?

Maybe one day I'll explain to the Loungers what the Swabian tradition of the "Kehrwoche" is about :D. I'd bet there's no equivalent to that (almost holy) habit of housekeeping in the U.S. and A.

Not really - I understand a lot more than I speak, but I sadly did not keep it up when we moved back to the US. It didn't help that I learned Schwaebisch instead of Hoch Deutsch, so when I tried to take a class in high school I was laughed at for "talking funny".

I do remember Kehrwoche. My family was the only one in a building otherwise composed of elderly widows, so my father and I did more than our fair share.

Madcap72

One of the Regulars
Well, I'm a guy. From Seattle, but living in Houma Louisiana/Pensacola Fl. 26, and single, never married (no kids).

locobuster

New in Town
Male. 45 (in a few days). Currently in rural West Virginia, on the border with Ohio,l but originally from Northern Virginia. Happily residing in "cohabitational bliss" with the same lovely lady for 16 years. No plans to marry at this time. I have a 17 year-old daughter, two "twenty-something" step-daughters, a 20 month old granddaughter, three spolied felines, and more military history books than shelf space.

rmrdaddy

One Too Many
Male, 37, living in South Jersey, just 15 minutes outside of Philadelphia, and about an hour from Atlantic City and all of the Southern NJ Shore regions.
Married for 4 years this October.
Glad to make all of your acquaintances. ;)

I will post up some pics once I am able. What is the post count for the unlock of that feature?

grey ghost

One of the Regulars
Living on the east coast of Florida mid state.........

48 and happily divorced for 8 yrs, single again, no kids ooops except for my two golden retrievers.

Originally from Va.

VintageJoAnn

New in Town
Overwhelmingly female and gloriously proud to be 50! Life is a challange and I certainly earned every lump and sag I have. Besides, with the proper under pinnings every thing can be coaxed back into it's original position.
Married 31 years to the most obstinate taurus God ever created. But I love the guy.

MissHannah

One Too Many
Female, 35, living in south west London, graphic designer, happily child-free and gloriously in love for the last 10 months (for the first time ever!).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou