Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A couple of my WWII era rifles.

Feraud

Bartender
I was cleaning these two today so I snapped a couple of pictures.

These are milsurp workhorses in very good shooting condition.
Mosin Nagant model M44. Rifle has a folding bayonette attached to the barrel and pistol scope mounted to the removed rear sight.

Mosin Nagant model M91/30.

Thanks for looking.

Vladimir Berkov

One Too Many
Yes, it is nice. In your last picture you can clearly see the very heavy machining marks on the reciever. During the early-to-mid war years the Russians simply could not afford to care about how smooth the metal was on a rifle. Later in the war as the emergency measures started to go away and the Germans were being pushed back you see more care starting to be taken with fit and finish again.

For instance, I have a 1934 Tula m91/30 which has a beautiful finish and arsenal blue. My 1942 SVT-40 has the rough machining that your Mosin-Nagant has, and my 1944 m44 carbine is somewhere in between the two in terms of workmanship.

Feraud

Bartender
Thanks for the info. It sounds like I do not have to recommend The Mosin-Nagant Rifle, by T. Lapin to you!
Do you collect milsurps, specific types? I got them approx. one year ago. I have the two Mosins I mentioned and a Carcano. I am looking forward to learning and collecting some of the other countries battle rifles.
There are a lot of great websites with information out there!

Feraud

Bartender
Andykev said:
Good God Feruad, I am more interested in your BOOKCASE! Nice titles.

I just bought a M1 Garand..mint. Pics sometime soon. No I havent fired it yet.

haha, thanks Andykev. You have discovered one of my passions. So many books, not enough time!

Please post pictures of the Garand when you have the opportunity.

Vladimir Berkov, I would not mind seeing pictures of your rifles too.

Vladimir Berkov

One Too Many
I need to get a few more pictures but soon I am just going to post a big spread showing all of my Soviet WWII infantry kit. With all the flyboys around here posting pics of their finery I figure I should make a showing for the lowly infantry corporal that I am.

A quick questionor two for a friend of mine concerning the M44. Where did you get the scope and mount for it? It looks like it is in a good place without being int he way of the bolt action. Do you have to drill any holes in the receiver? How do like its performance?

Regards to all,

J

Feraud

Bartender
jamespowers-
The scope is an NcStar 2-7x 32 pistol scope. The longer eye relief on the pistol scope allows this to be mounted to the rear sight.

I chose this setup so as to not alter the rifle in any way. This is done with a product called Darrell's Scout Mount. It requires no drilling, tapping or any permanent alteration to your rifle. The mount replaces the rear elevation ladder. It is a simple and effective setup. You then sight in the rifle however you choose.
I was able to do this and I am no MacGuyver! :p
The alteration can be quickly reversed with no permanent alteration to your rifle.
I do not shoot as much as I want to but have found this setup to be satisfactory so far.
There is a ton of information regarding these sights and firearm related information on the ezboards ParallaxBill's Curio & Relic and Military Surplus Firearms Forums.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy