Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A fit picture of Vanson Enfield for reference

jchosko

Familiar Face
Hi folks:

I've now figured out how to embed images in my posts...(thanks to a fellow FLer)

Here's a picture of me in my Vanson Enfield, size 42, black competition weight cowhide. This is probably my favorite jacket. Very classic and clean design, very heavy, but just feels very good when it's on. Vanson's catalog calls this a 3/4 length jacket, which it is not, so if you're looking for an actual 3/4 length jacket you should stay away from this.

4715816224_65f3f705f9_m.jpg

Peacoat

Bartender
What is your true chest size, and what size suit jacket do you normally wear? I ask because I have an Enfield on order. I went up one size because of Vanson's recommendation. Just wondering how their jackets are sized.

jchosko

Familiar Face
Hi Peacoat:

Vanson sizing is all over the map as far as I can tell. The Enfield fits me perfect in a size 42, but I take a 44 in the Vanson Comet. I think the Enfield is more true to size however. For off the rack stuff, I'd say 42R stuff fits me best, and I wear size L in most t-shirts and such. Dress shirt I'm a 16 34/35. I'm 6' and probably about 195 lbs right now.

Here's the measurements for the Enfield:

shoulder to shoulder:18.5"
armpit to armpit: 22.5"
bottom of collar to bottom of jacket:25"
waist: 21"

Bonneville

One of the Regulars
Does anyone know the 'B' model numbers in a 42 for comparison sake? I'm assuming it would be a more tapered fit.
The Enfield looks great on you.

jack miranda

A-List Customer
I wear a size 42 in most jackets, but,

I tried on a size 44 Comet at a local dealer and the fit was perfect. It took every ounce of self-control I have to walk out the door without buying the jacket. ;)

jchosko

Familiar Face
Bonneville said:
Does anyone know the 'B' model numbers in a 42 for comparison sake? I'm assuming it would be a more tapered fit.
The Enfield looks great on you.

I have a size 44 Vanson Model B in competition weight cowhide, and it fits slightly more snugly than the Vanson Enfield in a 42, and it does taper a little more. I used to own a Comet in a size 44, which also fit more snug than the Enfield in a 42. For reference, for off the rack sport coats and stuff I like the snug fit of a 40R, but can wear a 42R sometimes as well. I am definitely not a 44.

Here's a picture of the Model B (I'll try to post some better pics here later):

4774983526_68fa0edac4_m.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo