Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A gentleman recognized my Art Fawcett hat this morning

univibe88

One Too Many
This morning at the polling station a gentleman wearing a very sharp pork pie approached me and asked if I was wearing an Art Fawcett hat. As a matter fact I was wearing a granite work of Art. He said that he had an hunch when he noticed the red stripe in the grey ribbon. Art really has developed himself a trademark!

I was very happy to take off my hat and show it to him. We chatted briefly about ABs and TFL and then went about our business.

It really did make my day to have someone recognize my hat. We hat-men are a small group, and Art wearers are an even smaller group. What a cool happening :D

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
That's pretty cool. To have someone comment on the type of hat you're wearing in general is a neat comment...but when someone recognize EXACTLY what type of hat your wearing, and the hatter...that's something entirely different.

And that's a great comment to Art too.

carter

I'll Lock Up
Vote for Fawcett

That's terrific! And... you're on the other side of the country to boot! A tribute to Art's skill and craftsmanship is always a good read! Thanks for sharing. :)

kaosharper1

One Too Many
Even more incredible in Boston. I worked there for 25 years (moving to SoCal this last June) and I barely saw a decent hat the whole time I was there.

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
:D :D :D :D

Cool stuff Univibe!!!! I'd love to get cocky & say something like "Get used to it" but I only have a handful of clients in the Boston area. He must have been a lurker. At any rate, that's pretty cool.

univibe88

One Too Many
He said that he dreams about a Work of Art and is waiting to have the available cash. I told him that it is well worth every cent!

He also told me that is has an order in for an Adventurebuilt. I asked him if he was familiar with The Fedora Lounge. He said that was, but I didn't specifically ask if he was a member.

All in all it was a pretty quick conversation. He was leaving the polls and I was just arriving. It was a quick passing conversation. It occured to me later that because I saw him at the polls that we obviously live in the same neighborhood. Maybe we'll cross paths again.

And it really is a compliment to Art :D

duggap

Banned
Art, what you need to do is withdraw your farm from the union, declare war on the USA, then surrender and get ten billion for reconstruction.:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo