Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A League Of Their Own

happyfilmluvguy

Call Me a Cab
leagueposter.jpg

peaches1944.jpg

peaches1992.jpg

CanadaDoll

Practically Family
This is one of my all time favourites!!!!! It was the very first vintage set movie I'd ever seen and most likely my catalyst for vintage.:)
I've been trying to find a copy since I was nine, no such luck.:(

Grace

Vendor
One of my favorites, too!

My dear grandma took me to see this movie when it first came out. That afternoon we kept (jokingly) calling each other 'Mule!' and 'Nag!'

:) what nice memories!

CharlieH.

One Too Many
I blame this movie for making me want to swing dance...
And I hate to admit this, but Madonna looked stunning in this picture! (But only in this picture)

(And, is it just me, or do men wear their trousers too low here? You could see Garry Marshall's shirt below his waistcoat!)

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
i love this movie so much and have since i was 13!! i still have a copy of the sheet music for the madonna song - it has a great vintagey pic of her on the cover :)

also, if any of you have kids or are teachers, there's a great children's book that was written about the baseball league. unfortunately i can't remember the name, but it shouldn't be too hard to find if you want to look.

Viola

Call Me a Cab
Geena Davis was stunning in this movie. Just exquisitely pretty.

I was pretty little the first time I saw this movie, (my Brownie troop played it on the bus to keep us relatively quiet) and I remember thinking "oh I want to look like THAT when I grow up!"

I'm still waiting! :rage:

-Viola

Viola

Call Me a Cab
LizzieMaine said:
We could form our own team, even. I can't hit, run, or field anymore so I volunteer to be manager!

That was the one thing our vintage town was missing.

I didn't realize until I followed that site how Midwestern-only that league was. I was hoping there had been a local team. Looks like my only hometown-team will be from our Vintageville.

-Viola

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner