Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A List of Quality Haberdashers

Surprised that no one has yet mentioned Seattle's sole remaining hats-only retail store (and the state of Washington's only hat store, to the best of my knowledge), which is, of course, Byrnie Utz, located at 310 Union St. in downtown Seattle.
The look of the place hasn't changed much since it opened, back in 1930-something. For that reason alone, it's a must-see for Golden Era aficionados visiting Seattle.

jeboat

One of the Regulars
Hatter in San Antonio

Theres an old time hat shop in San Antonio that I visited but the name escapes me...anybody know of it? It's pretty close to the Alamo.

jeboat:eusa_doh: :eusa_doh: :eusa_doh:

mingoslim

Practically Family
I have added them all to the list . . .

I forgot about Peter's Brothers in Ft. Worth. I have shopped there, and found the folks there to be good folks to deal with.

plain old dave

A-List Customer
Paris Hatters on, I bellieve, Houston. PLain old Dave's plain old been there. Re-caught the OR bug there, too...

jeboat said:
Theres an old time hat shop in San Antonio that I visited but the name escapes me...anybody know of it? It's pretty close to the Alamo.

jeboat:eusa_doh: :eusa_doh: :eusa_doh:

carouselvic

I'll Lock Up
Wichita Hat Works AKA Hat Man Jack's

The shop is at 601 W. Douglas Wichita Kansas , He can also be found on-line.

halpap

New in Town
worth & worth

I read recently that Worth & Worth opened a store again (on 7th ave. in the 50's). Maybe I am mistaken and it is only a showroom.

Undertow

My Mail is Forwarded Here
There's a place in Des Moines, IA called Classic Hats for Men at 654 19th St. Apt 1, DSM, IA 50314. They're only open on Saturday's from 10-5 and will book appointments. phn# (515) 280-3015.

I've been there and the place isn't too bad, per se, but there's very limited selection, it's quite small (the size of a living room, in fact) and prices are full retail+. The owner advised she will do reblocking and stretching, but not always and she decides after looking at the hat. I suppose she doesn't want to ruin a vintage lid...I guess.

Does anyone know of any other places in Des Moines or Iowa in general, by chance?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy