Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A Loose Affiliation of Ribbons Niether Wide nor Thin

Spats McGee

One Too Many
GWD said:
Royal Stetson
web.jpg

Adam Premier
web.jpg

You've got several nice ones there, GWD, but these two really stand out!

Stan

A-List Customer
Our thread petered out!

Hi,

Time to kick start it, as I'm no longer worthless without pics. I finally decided to get me some online photo storage. Well, again, actually. I hope this outfit lives a long life, unlike the last one I used....

To start it off, I now have the Adam with the wonderful ribbon GWD had a few posts back in time:

AdamTan.jpg

Later!

Stan

Stan

A-List Customer
Hi,

Well, I ought to add one that we've not seen before.

Here's another Adam I got from Johnnyphi when we were all being sharks in the wading pool:

AdamBrown.jpg

Later!

Stan

Stan

A-List Customer
Hi,

One more. This is a modern Biltmore natural Milan straw that used to have a wide matching hatband on it. I liked the hat, but not the ribbon. So, I changed it to this olive drab 12 ligne:

BiltmoreMilanNatural.jpg

Later!

Stan

Stan

A-List Customer
Hi,

Aw, hell. This is as bad as eating potato chips!

One more. Really!

This is a vintage Borsalino. It was a moldy wreck. I've mention Mr. Stinky here many times. I had to tear it all the way down to get the crap out. Many passes with methanol and a muffin fan on low to get it out of the felt. I was able to save the sweatband by scrubbing the backside with methanol, plus lots of leather conditioner to put the oils back in the alky took out.

The ribbon coould not be saved, though. That was bad, (a) because it was a gunmetal grey with a greenish tint and (b) it was a *fourteen* ligne. what an odd ribbon.

Anyway, I used a 12 ligne in 'steel' and it came out pretty well, although if you look closely, you'll see where I ran the thinner ribbon inside the tracks, as it were, of the wider one.

Given what it was when I got it off of eBay, this is a real gem now! ;)

BorsalinoGreen.jpg

Later!

Stan

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Those are some really nice lids, Stan. :eusa_clap

I especially like the second Adam that you have posted -- very reminiscent of the Stetson Wanderer.

Cheers,
JtL

Stan

A-List Customer
Hi,

Thanks, guys. I've pretty much been figuring this stuff out for the past year. My work is getting better as I go, of course. I posted the first two I tried my hand on - that Biltmore Milan and Mr. Stinky the Borsalino there.

I have one in the works now as well. It's a Bond - an old store brand - that I recieved Monday off of eBay:

Bondebay.jpg

I have the crown opened back up on the hotblock already, so all those mis-shapes are gone now. I have to fix that brim still and, of course, change out that ribbon. It looks as bad in real life as it does in that photo.

I'm thinking about using a 12 ligne in 'Steel' at this point, which would have it matching the one I put on that Borsalino. I also have a dark grey in 12 ligne but think the lighter 'steel' shade will work better on this hat.

Anyway, when I get it done, I'll post it here in this thread. :)

later!

Stan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran